Blinds is one of our favorite merchants where you can find blinds, shades and shutters, custom draperies, valances and cornices at great prices.
The Hottest Deals for Blinds
Yes, that's right, we searched all over the web and found the hottest deals for Blinds
Today we are going to look at the best ways to dress a rectangle body shape. If you are a rectangle you should be very pleased as you are one of the easier body types, with many different styles suiting you or fitting you well. A rectangle body shape tends to have no defined waist with hips do tend to have a similar width to the shoulders. Rectangles also do not have a lot of curves, with a bust that is small or average and your bottom tends to be flat. Many rectangles tend to gain weight around their tummies, especially after the menopause. You will want to create curves and define your waist as a rectangle. If you have a rectangle body shape you will want to avoid shapeless clothes as you will want to be creating the illusion of curves, therefore anything shapeless will make you look shapeless overall, and to this end you will also want to avoid straight dresses such as tunics.
What to wear on top?
When selecting a dress you will want to go for a shift dressor an empire line as these will suit you rectangle body shape the best and when selecting either a dress or a top you will want to select block colors. When selecting items to wear on top you will want to choose one’s which define your waist and tailored jackets and coats which are belted at the waist will help to create the illusion of curves. Choose a good bra to define your bust and medium to high neckline tops will help to flatter your body shape, especially if you have a smaller bust. Tops which a detailed neckline, pockets or frills will create the illusion of a large bust, as do halter necked tops.
What to wear on the bottom?
If you are looking for a skirt, select an A-line skirt, as these will pull in at the waist before flaring out, creating the illusion of a small waist and curvier hips. Rectangles will want to create the illusion of curves so a skirt of this style is perfect for rectangular body shapes. You will suit any style of jeans or trousers but something such as flared jeans will look particularly great and for shoes something curved with a rounded toe will suit you best, think of ballerina flats or a pair of court shoes or rounded toe boots, either flat or heeled.
A girl might think that the most important article of clothing she could wear is a fancy shirt, or a pricey pair of jeans, or even a killer pair of shoes. But a woman will tell you that the most important article of clothing in your wardrobe is unequivocally a really well-fitting bra. In fact, wearing the wrong bra can actually make you look fat! But worry no more…we’re here to explain how the wrong bra can be effecting you, and what you can do to fix it.
How does your bra make you look fat?
- Your boobs are hiding your waist – When your bra is ill-fitting or sagging, your boobs will sag. Since the smallest part of your torso is the area just below your chest and just above your bellybutton, how is anyone supposed to see it with your boobs hanging in the way?
- Your too–small bra is creating the appearance of extra fat rolls – A bra that is too small around the band will dig into your back. No matter how skinny you are, trust us, that too-small band will create fat rolls on either side of it. And if your cups are too small, your boobs will be pushed out above, below, and out the sides, again creating rolls of fat.
- Your bra is causing your clothes look too tight – You know how frustrating it is to try on a shirt, only to face the mirror and see gaps and gaping? You try on a larger size, only to face the mirror and now see the shirt looking sloppy on you. 9 times out of 10, it’s not the shirt…it’s the bra.
So how can you fix the bra conundrum?
- STOP…FIXATING…ON…SIZE – So what if you wore a perfect 34C in high school. Does the rest of you still look the same as you did in high school? So why would you think your bra size would still be a perfect 34C? The main reason why women wear the wrong bra size is because they have a stigma in their head about going up a size or two. Stop thinking in terms of a “bra size” and start thinking in terms of “a bra that fits, size-schmize”!
- Get properly sized – You might be thinking…”I can’t afford to get sized.” But guess what? You’re wrong. Many lingerie departments in department stores have trained their sales people to size bras properly. You can also get free sizing in some stores, like Victoria’s Secret. So be sure to ask to be sized when out bra shopping! It’s one of the most important factors in looking better in your clothes!
- Take a deep breath, and make the investment – Aside from the size-stigma, the second biggest reason why women cling to their life-long bra mistakes is that they don’t want to spend the money for a really good, really well-fitting bra. Stop thinking your bra is unimportant just because it’s unseen! Again, this is where you need to shift your priorities. Your bra needs to be on par with your outerwear, or with any other purchase in fact, clothing or not, in terms of you forking out money. A good bra fits and holds up better because it is a better made bra. It is an investment. One you will never regret!
Holiday season = party season! With the holidays upon us, you’ll no doubt be planning your outfits for more than one festive get-together. Hair, shoes, jewelery, makeup…all planned. But you best not forget the most important piece…the shapeware! Before there was Spanx, there were girdles, but shapewear has evolved well past both now! So we’ve got 5 of your must-have pieces for the holidays, and beyond, right here!
Before we get to the list, there are some important things to know about picking out shapewear:
- Stay with your size – Don’t think, “Well, I wear a large in everything else, so I’ll go with a medium in shapewear to really suck things in!” Nope. It doesn’t work like that. A smaller size won’t make you look smaller. Shapewear cannot make extra pounds disappear. As much as we might like it to be magic, it’s still governed by science. Choosing a smaller size will only relocate that fat to other, even less flattering places. So stick with your size, and let the shapewear do the rest!
- Know the difference between medium and strong construction – If your shapewear doesn’t have a “performance level,” look at the label. The higher then nylon/Lycra content, the more dramatically it can change your shape. Just keep in mind the above rule…shapewear can smooth out bulges, but it does not “disappear” extra pounds.
- High waist=smooth lines – There is nothing worse (or more uncomfortable) than the waistband of a girdle cutting into you or rolling down. That’s why you should be looking for pieces with higher waists. They will ensure a smooth, curvy waist. Some pieces are even designed to hook to your bra to ensure the waist won’t roll down!
5 key pieces of shapewear every woman needs:
- Wear-Your-Own-Bra Torsette tank – This amazing little tank can smooth out your waist, tummy, and back while allowing your bra to keep your boobs full and shapely, not flattened and smooshed. The hem of it can also be used as a layering piece, as you would any other tank top.
- WYOB Singlet – This is the piece you will want if you’re wearing a body-con dress or pants. As with the above, it will allow your bra to do its job while keeping your entire mid torso, from your waist to your thighs, seamlessly smooth and toned looking.
- High-waisted Shaping Mid-Thigh – Perfect for under dress pants or a longer skirt. The high waist will keep your torso smooth, while the longer line keeps your butt/thighs toned and looking cellulite-free.
- Half-slip with Built-in Panties – This is such a versatile and perfect piece! Worn under any body-con skirt or dress, the built-in panties help keep it in place, and your tummy, thighs, and butt looking fab.
- Waist-Cincher – If you’re looking for a little extra oompfh in the “hourglass” department, this piece of shapewear is a must-have. Yes, its more restrictive version has recently been made famous by Kim Kardashian, getting the credit for “waist training” her figure back into shape after childbirth…but this version is much more wearable. The hook-and-eye closures and strong “boning” will nip you in, in just the perfect spot for creating an hourglass look to go gaga for!