Blinds is one of our favorite merchants where you can find blinds, shades and shutters, custom draperies, valances and cornices at great prices.
The Hottest Deals for Blinds
Yes, that's right, we searched all over the web and found the hottest deals for Blinds
It never fails. You have a big weekend planned, good friends, lots of laughs… not to mention you’ve got a fierce outfit already picked out. And then, BAM! Right there…in the middle of your chin…a pimple the size of an apple. There’s no way you can get that thing cleared by Friday night, right? Wrong! We just so happen to have 10 easy and natural cures (that you probably have around the house right now) to send that pimple packing ASAP.
- Toothpaste – This is a tried and true pimple buster. Just make sure it’s a white toothpaste, not a gel-based one. The cleaning properties in it work to absorb oil, while the anti-bacterial properties fight bacteria. You only need a very small amount, dab it onto the pimple, and allow to dry overnight.
- Honey – Put this down on the long list of amazing things that honey can do. It is a natural antibiotic which helps kill the bacteria that causes pimples. It is also naturally hydrating, so it won’t dry out the skin around the pimple (unlike the toothpaste, which might cause a little redness). Dab a small amount onto the pimple and allow to dry (at least an hour). Wipe clean with a warm damp cloth.
- Calamine lotion – Yes, in addition to treating severe itching caused by anything from chicken pox to poison ivy, Calamine lotion can also be used to treat acne. Since it contains zinc oxide, it soothes the redness and reduces the inflammation of acne. It also works to absorb the excess oil in and around the pimple. Just dab some on the pimple before and allow it to dry before you go to bed.
- Orange peel/Banana peel – It sounds odd, but they’ve been known to work! The acidity in the orange peel works to dry out the pimple, and the banana peel contains Lutein, which is a powerful antioxidant that also reduces inflammation. Choose either peel (the orange might be too acidic for sensitive skin), then rub gently in circular motions over the pimple and allow to dry. Then rinse clean with a warm damp cloth.
- Aspirin paste – When crushed and mixed with a few drops of water, made into a paste, and applied to the pimple, this aspirin cure can be remarkably effective. Aspirin is an anti-inflammatory agent, so it works to reduce the swelling and redness. Dab onto the pimple, allow to dry, and leave it on the area overnight.
- Baking soda – Baking soda is another classic cure-all home remedy that has been around for many years. To use on pimples, add a few drops of lemon juice or water to the baking soda, make a paste, and then apply to the area. Allow to dry for 10-15 minutes, then wipe clean with a warm damp cloth.
- Lemon juice – This treatment can be a bit drying for those with sensitive skin, but it really does work. First, make sure you are using fresh, real lemon juice, not something from concentrate or a container. Lemon juice is not only a natural astringent, but it also has acidic properties that help to dry out and treat the pimple. Dab the lemon juice onto the pimple with a cotton swab or cotton ball, and allow the juice to dry on the pimple (20 minutes or so). Then wipe with a warm damp cloth. You can then apply an oil-free moisturizer, if necessary.
And, just like that…you’ll be all set to hit the town with your friends, rocking that perfect outfit, and that nasty pimple will be a distant memory!
Here’s the thing about nude lipstick…everyone’s “nude” is different. The nude that’s perfect for your very fair-skinned best friend might leave you looking like you’ve been dead for 3 days. And your perfect nude might make your very fair-skinned best friend look as if she went on a Doritos binge and forgot to wipe her mouth. So finding your nude can be tricky. Luckily, we’ve got a few tips that should make the hunt a little less confusing.
- Texture – There are some options when it comes to texture: sheer, opaque, creamy, matte. If you try a sheer nude, for example, it will allow more of your own natural lip color to show through. Therefore, it’s more of a tinted lip balm than a nude lipstick. That means we’re looking for something opaque to make more of a statement. Next consider finish: creamy or matte? Matte is great when it comes to bold colors like red and fuchsia, but in a nude, matte can sometimes make your lips look chalky and dry. So start your search focusing on a creamy, opaque lipstick.
- Prep – Any lipstick looks better with smooth, exfoliated lips. In fact, you really can’t judge it at all if your lips are dry and cracked. And no, just putting lipstick on over your dry, cracked lips won’t make them any more moisturized. Lipstick doesn’t work that way…if it did, it would be called moisturizer. So before you begin your adventure to find the nude of your dreams, be sure your lips are ready for action. Exfoliate them with a simple mix of sugar and olive oil. Rub in gentle circles with your finger, wipe clean with a cloth and warm water. (Another tip for making any lipstick look better: apply a lip moisturizer beforehand. After you rub your lips together, wipe the extra moisturizer off, or else the lipstick you’re trying will be too gloopy).
- Tone – Know your skin tone. You might be fair, but are your undertones more blue, yellow, or neutral, more cool or warm? Likewise, you might have darker skin, but are your undertones more yellow, blue, or neutral? That’s the tricky bit. The easiest way to know for sure is to head to a makeup counter and get matched for a foundation (it’s free). The makeup person should be able to pinpoint your exact skintone and undertones, which is not only something you will need to know for your makeup in general, but it will also help to find a nude lipstick that’s perfect. Since all lipsticks have undertones (blue, yellow, neutral), knowing yours should give you a range of colors that will work with your skintone, so you might actually be able to find 2 or 3 perfect nudes for you right at the makeup counter.
- Get together – If you are by yourself in your local drugstore, telling one nude lipstick from another can be more challenging. Pulling one color at a time won’t really help much either, since all nudes pretty much look the same when examined on their own. What you need is a contrast. So, pick 2 or 3 colors you think might work for you and hold them up next to each other. This way, you can definitely see if one is more pinky, or one is more orangy, or one looks juuuuust right.
- Try – You know the old adage… if at first you don’t succeed, try, try again. Finding your perfect nude lipstick is not something you can do without trying on a good number of the contenders. Don’t be afraid to try (and wipe off) multiple possibilities. Hey, you’ve gotta kiss some frogs before you find the Prince, right?
- Add makeup – Any nude lip is going to look 1000 times better with a bit of makeup on the rest of your face, because even the best nude lipstick can completely wash you out if it’s all by itself. A good rule of thumb is that if you are emphasizing your lips, go with a lighter eye, and if you are emphasizing your eyes, go with a lighter lip. Since nude is about as light as you can go with a lip, try putting a little more “oompfh” into your eye makeup. If you would rather do a moderate eye and emphasize your cheeks, then definitely be sure to add bronzer, cheek color, and highlight to really make those cheek bones pop. (Another tip – if you have cool tones to your skin, you might find that a warm-toned cheek color looks amazing. And vice versa, for warm skin tones, a cool-toned cheek color will really balance your makeup out).
Let’s continue our exploration of the best and brightest of makeup and beauty’s all-time faves. These are the products that have been propelled into the must-have Hall of Fame, not only due to their overwhelming popularity, but for their constant high-quality performance. To get on this list, it’s not enough for a product to have a season of “gotta have it.” Nope. To be named here, a product must go the distance, over and over, to prove its worth. Maybe they came onto the market last year…or last decade…but they all have earned their spots on this list, as well as in our hearts!
- Butter London Nail Foundation – Over the past few years, we’ve come to know and love the bold colors with the cheeky British names. They all really hold their vibrancy, and wear so well. But one of the most unassuming looking Butter London products is also one of the most amazing! The Butter London Nail Foundation works behind the scenes to flawlessly smooth out any ridges and bumps so your finished product has a perfect satin finish.
- Bare Escentuals Powder Foundation – When this foundation first came on the market, no one quite knew what to make of it. A powder foundation… with medium coverage… that was actually good for your skin? What is this magic?! But Bare Essentuals has proven itself year after year, garnering more devotees by the day. No caking. No creasing. No breakouts. No oil. Perfection. Swirl, tap, and buff!
- The Original Beautyblender – It looked like a gimmick at first. And it’s certainly had dozens of copy-cat products claiming to work as well. But there really is only one Beautyblender. The pointy end gets in all those tight spots next to your nose and around your eyes, while the rounded end smooths out all the other spots. The tap-and-rock method, thanks to the sponge’s unique consistency, really helps to get that foundation and concealer blended flawlessly. Airbrush perfect.
- L’Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream – Yes, it’s French, and that does secretly make us feel extra fancy when using it. But that alone wouldn’t get the L’Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream on this list. The lush 20% shea butter formula absorbs quickly and completely, and the smell is divine! Our purse would feel empty without it (and our hands would definitely be cracked and dry)!
- Ole Henriksen Truth Serum – For years, beauty science has been trumpeting the effectiveness of Vitamin C in increasing cell turnover and eliminating dark spots and acne scars. But the real genius of the Ole Henriksen Truth Serum is the smooth, fast absorbing gel. Your skin feels instantly moisturized, while under the surface, that Vitamin C is hard at work making you even more beautiful!