Contact lens wearers, consider your options. There are extended-wear contacts, disposables, and even lenses that can change your eye color. But as with any purchase of a medical device, buying contact lenses should be done with care and caution
The Hottest Deals for Eye Contacts
Yes, that's right, we searched all over the web and found the hottest deals for Eye Contacts
Even if you are lucky enough to be one of the 9% of women with an hourglass figure, there’s a chance you don’t realize just how lucky you are. In fact, thanks to the mainstream media images of models in fashion magazines, you might even feel…dare we say…fat…by comparison? If so, that’s an image you need to do away with, because, believe it or not, yours is the figure that’s widely accepted as the “feminine ideal”! And we just so happen to have some tips for fabulously dressing that hourglass!
What identifies an hourglass figure? The hourglass figure is both round and curvy, but with a smaller, well-defined waistline. The hourglass figure also generally has fuller hips, a larger bust, and generous thighs. As the name implies, the measurements of the bust and the hips are about the same (resembling the curves of an hourglass).
What to avoid:
- Shirts/dresses that are much too big, thinking that more fabric will camouflage your hips and/or bust. It won’t…it will only make you look bigger and sloppier.
- Stiff and/or bulky fabrics
- Elaborate embellishments
- Large, padded/over-accentuated shoulders
- High necklines, turtlenecks
Tops: Tops can be tricky, since you likely have a larger bust. Your best tops are those that are v-necks or scoop-necks… but you don’t want to let them plunge too deep, as that will look downright vulgar on your curves. Also look for wrap tops, belted tops (make sure the belts are thin), and tops with peplum waists. It may be difficult to fit your shape right off the rack, so pay for a good tailor (it’s so worth it!). And though they may be tempting in Fall and Winter, try to avoid high necklines and turtlenecks, as they will only make your generous breasts appear even more generous (not in a good way)!
Jackets: As with tops, fit is sooo important here. Jackets need to be tailored, and nip in at the waist. Just about any length will work well for you, just as long as it fits at the waist. If it doesn’t, be sure to use a belt to add definition. In terms of dress jackets, two-button fitted jackets are key. Also, single-breasted jackets are far more flattering than double-breasted; single-breasted jackets offer less bulky fabric.
Bottoms: Since your waist is much smaller than your hips, fit is crucial in both jeans and trousers. Bottoms with a bit of stretch in them will help to hug your curves. Opt for boot cut, flares, and wide-legs in darker colors to keep your hips in check with the rest of you. Wide-leg trousers in drapey fabrics are super flattering!
Dresses/Skirts: A-line and wrap dresses are your best friends, and always a good call! Skater, circle, and A-line skirts will also endlessly flatter…just as long as they fit your waist. But your best game can be found with the classic pencil skirt. They provide cover, but still highlight your ultra-feminine curves and small waist!
Ever since we all started using our phones as clocks, we have gotten away from wearing watches, which are really great pieces of jewelry that can last a lifetime. However, there are signs that fashion is shifting back toward using watches as focal points of outfits. Here are a few pieces to start building your collection before everyone else does:
A classic watch is something that will never go out of style. These are the watches that have metallic accents, neutral colors, and can basically work with any outfit, from a pair of jeans and a t-shirt to a business suit.
If you are going to invest in a watch of this kind, ensure that it comes with a sturdy band for daily wear.
Watches you wear the to grocery store or to the movies are different than watches you’d wear elsewhere. They are made to be worn and roughed up a little bit. That doesn’t mean that they have to lack style, however. Instead, go with a unique wrap-around watch or something that has a gimmicky finish to it. That will help you to dress down any outfit but still have the feeling and appearance of a great watch.
In general, we tend to overlook gold jewelry and watches because we don’t always wear it. So much of fashion today caters to silver jewelry. However, a gold watch is a classic that is never going to go out of style. Just having one around is important, whether you have no other gold jewelry or you do.
Go for a gold in a shade that you like – if you don’t like yellow gold, go for something lighter or a beautiful rose gold color.
There are a few designers out there who make some of the funkiest, funniest watches to wear. These have bright colors, interesting dial options, and even bright bands. These aren’t going to be the watches that you wear on a daily basis, but rather the ones that will give you a little bit of a laugh when you need one.
Let’s be honest, we all dream about owning a Rolex or some watch adorned in diamonds. For most of us, that isn’t quite a reality just yet. However, you can get the next best thing by finding a watch that is decked out with some rhinestones or some glitter. You won’t get quite the same look, but they can be fun to wear when you want to have a little extra glamor.
Something For Play
Do you exercise a lot? Go on runs or go kayaking? You likely will want a watch for those activities (especially if you don’t want to get your phone wet) but don’t have one that you want to beat up. Investing in a great sports watch is the perfect way to motivate yourself to get out there and get moving.
A great watch is a piece that you can hold onto forever and even pass to your children. However, having one watch is never going to be enough for all that life throws at you. These are just a few of the watches you will need to have a truly complete collection.
You’d like to think of yourself as pretty hip, sometimes adventurous, and you definitely know a thing or two about makeup. So when you get invited to a party, you immediately think of all the wonderful, slightly daring, party eye makeup looks you want to try…but when the night comes, you settle for the safe-but-pretty brown smokey eye and marginally-brighter-than-you-normally-wear red lip. Well, we say no more! No more playing it safe! It’s a party…you should have party eye makeup to match!
- Glitter girl – The easiest, fastest, and most fun way to get the party look you’re after is to go for glitter! Party eye makeup is glitter eye makeup. And glitter eye makeup needs a good lid/shadow primer first (best picks: Urban Decay Primer Potion and Too Faced Glitter Glue). Apply to lid and allow to dry before patting on glitter shadow (pat…don’t sweep! It will go everywhere). There are many powder shadows with anywhere from a little to a lot of glitter, but if you want to pack a true punch, check out a glitter pigment (MAC has several amazing shades).
- Metallics – Metallic eyeshadow brings a lovely and highly reflective shimmer to the eye area. Here, too, a good primer is recommended before use, since this party is going to put your new party eye makeup through its paces. Metallic shadow can also be used along with matte shadows to create a sultry and edgy smokey eye.
- Big lashes – Another winning way to make a big statement is with big lashes! You can flaunt your own by first curling with your trusty ELF eyelash curler, applying lash primer, and then two coats of the best thickening mascara you can find (Dior Show or Maybelline The Falsies are both awesome for adding volume and length). Of course you can opt for false lashes too! There are literally hundreds on the market to choose from (some of the best picks for quality and cost are Eylure, Ardell, and Dolly Wink). Many are natural hair or mink eyelashes, and are reusable. All it takes to create a look is eyelash glue, and a little imagination!
- Liquid eye liners – The choices of liquid eyeliners and liquid eyeliner styles today can help create incredible and fun eye looks. And liquid liners aren’t just black and brown…there are bold and vivid brights, sparkling jewel tones, mega metallics, and even glitter! Line just the top lashes for a flirty pop, or line the entire eye for an exotic wow!
There are so many eye makeup options, you can’t help but step out of your comfort zone in the most beautiful and daring way. Remember, you’re going to a party or event… your makeup is not supposed to look like you’re just heading out to the grocery store or a regular ol’ day at the office. With a little courage, your look will no doubt win rave reviews from your friends…but, more importantly, your new party eye makeup will make you smile and give yourself a silent pat on the back every time you pass a mirror.