ZUO is one of our favorite brands! We are now reviewing the brand's products and will soon publish our findings!
The Hottest Deals for ZUO
Yes, that's right, we searched all over the web and found the hottest deals for ZUO
Not all of us were blessed with gorgeous, full, Angelina Jolie-esque lips… some of us have had to struggle with constantly “drawing in” an upper lip. But there just so happens to be some nifty little tricks you can use to help make your lips look fuller…and only you will ever know you needed them!
- Exfoliate – Exfoliating is not just for your body and face. Our bodies are daily sloughing off the dull, dead skin cells for fresh, new skin cells underneath, and exfoliating aides in that. If your lips are rough, dry, or flaky, a gentle exfoliation will help to remove the dead, dry skin and soften the newer healthy skin underneath. More importantly, it will also make the lips more able to draw in necessary moisture, which in itself can help lips look fuller. Smooth lips will also not only look healthier, but will make any lip product you apply look better.
Since the skin on your lips is thinner and more delicate that that on most other parts of your body, the key to exfoliation here is to think gentle…both in what you put on your lips to exfoliate, and how you do it. A simple mixture of olive oil and sugar, applied to lips with a finger or a washcloth, will do beautifully. Rub in small circles for a minute or two on each lip, then rinse with warm water and pat dry. You can also use Vaseline on a toothbrush, applied in a similar way. Just remember to be gentle!
- Moisturize – Our skin can temporarily absorb moisture (think how much easier body lotion goes on after a warm shower or bath), but without something to help lock it in, the moisture will evaporate throughout the day. Try to avoid those with ingredients such as lanolin and glycerine, as they can sometimes leave lips feeling “waxy,” as if the product hasn’t absorbed into your skin. Also try to avoid moisturizers with a lot of oils; a higher oil content won’t allow the product to be absorbed (think of oil and water in a bottle). When in doubt, opt for natural, like Yes to Coconuts Naturally Smooth lip balm. It’s all natural and absorbs beautifully into your lips.
After exfoliating and before you go to bed, simply smooth the moisturizer over your lips. Since you won’t be talking/eating/drinking it will give your lips the time they need to sit with the moisturizer. When you wake, you’ll be amazed at how your lips look fuller.
- Highlight – Contouring is all the rage now, and your lips definitely need to get in on the trend… especially if you want to make your lips look fuller. A general rule of thumb to remember for make-up is that dark colors recede, or make things look smaller, and lighter colors highlight, or bring to the foreground. A bit of strategically placed highlight will make your lips look fuller and more “three dimensional.” You can use a shimmery vanilla or white colored eye shadow for this, but it works best with a highlighting pencil, like Benefit High Brow Glow.
- After applying your desired lip color, lightly run the highlighter over just the cupid’s bow (the center V of your top lip). Blend gently with your finger or a clean shadow brush.
- Apply highlighter to the center section of your bottom lip, just outside the natural lip line. Blend gently.
- If desired, highlight the two creases running from the bottom of your nose to your cupid’s bow. Blend gently.
Now, simply sit back and admire your perfect pout (but don’t forget to smile too…smiling always helps anyone to look beautiful)!
You’d like to think of yourself as pretty hip, sometimes adventurous, and you definitely know a thing or two about makeup. So when you get invited to a party, you immediately think of all the wonderful, slightly daring, party eye makeup looks you want to try…but when the night comes, you settle for the safe-but-pretty brown smokey eye and marginally-brighter-than-you-normally-wear red lip. Well, we say no more! No more playing it safe! It’s a party…you should have party eye makeup to match!
- Glitter girl – The easiest, fastest, and most fun way to get the party look you’re after is to go for glitter! Party eye makeup is glitter eye makeup. And glitter eye makeup needs a good lid/shadow primer first (best picks: Urban Decay Primer Potion and Too Faced Glitter Glue). Apply to lid and allow to dry before patting on glitter shadow (pat…don’t sweep! It will go everywhere). There are many powder shadows with anywhere from a little to a lot of glitter, but if you want to pack a true punch, check out a glitter pigment (MAC has several amazing shades).
- Metallics – Metallic eyeshadow brings a lovely and highly reflective shimmer to the eye area. Here, too, a good primer is recommended before use, since this party is going to put your new party eye makeup through its paces. Metallic shadow can also be used along with matte shadows to create a sultry and edgy smokey eye.
- Big lashes – Another winning way to make a big statement is with big lashes! You can flaunt your own by first curling with your trusty ELF eyelash curler, applying lash primer, and then two coats of the best thickening mascara you can find (Dior Show or Maybelline The Falsies are both awesome for adding volume and length). Of course you can opt for false lashes too! There are literally hundreds on the market to choose from (some of the best picks for quality and cost are Eylure, Ardell, and Dolly Wink). Many are natural hair or mink eyelashes, and are reusable. All it takes to create a look is eyelash glue, and a little imagination!
- Liquid eye liners – The choices of liquid eyeliners and liquid eyeliner styles today can help create incredible and fun eye looks. And liquid liners aren’t just black and brown…there are bold and vivid brights, sparkling jewel tones, mega metallics, and even glitter! Line just the top lashes for a flirty pop, or line the entire eye for an exotic wow!
There are so many eye makeup options, you can’t help but step out of your comfort zone in the most beautiful and daring way. Remember, you’re going to a party or event… your makeup is not supposed to look like you’re just heading out to the grocery store or a regular ol’ day at the office. With a little courage, your look will no doubt win rave reviews from your friends…but, more importantly, your new party eye makeup will make you smile and give yourself a silent pat on the back every time you pass a mirror.
Almost everyone loves to wear black – it is a color that is almost always in style, always has great design, and makes your body look much better. However, there is more to embracing your inner witchy woman than just wearing black – it is going above and beyond and looking like you are well put together, strong, and ready to take on anyone or anything that steps in your way.
How can you bring more black and that witchy style into your wardrobe? Here are a few different ways to upgrade your black from simple to positively witchy:
Witches are inherently attractive and sensual characters. You have to embrace your sensuality and feel great in whatever you wear. The best way to do that is to wear a dress that not only hugs your curves, but it gives you curves you didn’t even know you had. Even better, find a dress that makes you feel like you can conquer the world.
Dresses with some pleating or gathering that covers up your problem areas and show off your great ones – like a high slit on the leg or a low cut back will help you to feel that confidence.
In Hidden Places
One of the best things about witchy fashion is that you don’t have to worry about someone judging you if you are completely confident in what you are wearing. However, hiding your strength can sometimes work in your favor even more than showing it off can.
Adding some subtle black socks or even lingerie can help you to bring that strength from within yourself and show the world just what you are made of.
Go For the Literal
One great way to embrace witches is to literally wear them and show them off whenever you can. Telling people that you know your strength can be incredibly special as well. It doesn’t have to be a giant Halloween-esque sweater like your grandmother used to wear (but it totally can be). Instead, go for something chic and simplistic that has a lot of design thought put into it – like this fantastic Alexander McQueen scarf.
On Your Lips
Witches always know just how beautiful they are, and wearing makeup that grabs the attention of everyone in the room is a fantastic way to highlight your natural beauty. A great dark red lipstick that is a little vampy and a little witchy is always classic. Wine shades, blacks, and even dark browns can also be a great addition to your style.
Just remember to exfoliate before you apply these lipsticks!
Don’t Forget the Shoes
What witchy woman would be complete without a fantastic pair of heels? Witches rarely walk around in flats, after all. Find shoes that are spiked, pointy, and completely luxurious. Shoes change everything about the way your body moves, how your outfit looks, and even how other people view you.
You don’t have to wait for Halloween to come to embrace your inner witch. Instead, you can celebrate it all year round.