With summer just around the corner and the temperature rising across the northern hemisphere summer fashion is on everyone’s mind.
Sundresses are a great way to look and feel great throughout the summer months, but did you know they are not just for lazy summer days enjoying the outdoors? There are so many different ways you can wear a sundress this summer, it is all about which sundress you choose and how you accessorize it. Here are five ways to wear your sundress that you had not even thought of.
- A relaxed and casual day look: Long summer days call for light and airy clothes, and nothing looks better than a beautiful summer dress. Dresses come in all shapes, sizes and styles and if you pick a nice relaxed day dress you can pair it with anything for a great day time look. A pair of casual wedges and some stylish sunglasses will finish this look off.
- Dressed up for the evening: Summer dresses are not just for dressing down for the long summer days and there are plenty that work well for evening events too, and they are a little more smarter. A printed shift dress paired with some elegant heels and a clutch purse really sets off this entire outfit.
- As a wedding guest: If you have a summer wedding to go to as a guest a great sundress will look wonderful. This works for more formal weddings as well as destination beach weddings too. A bright sundress in a floral pattern is perfect for a wedding and will really show off your summer tan. Pair it with some heeled sandals and a classic clutch You could even add a pashmina to cover your shoulders too.
- On the beach instead of a cover up: A relaxed day dress can work wonders on the beach and looks just as good, if not better, as a beach cover up. If you do not like daring a little flesh on the walk to the beach that the traditional cover up shows a sundress might be for you. This relaxed sundress is longer than your usual cover up and also easy enough to get on and off at the beach or around the pool. It is also stylish to wear to the poolside bar and will not look out of place when you slope off for lunch. Pair it with a floppy sun hat and a pair of simple pair of birkenstocks for beach chic.
- In the office: Now this might seem like a little too far but with a carefully selected sundress you can make those hot summer office days a little more bearable. You will need to pick something that looks a little more office like, this relaxed but not overly casual dress fits in perfectly with an office environment and will keep you cool while still looking smart. Pair it with a pair of smart wedges, a straw handbag and a light blazer to finish off the look.