Inspired by the sophistication and elegance of Hollywood, Aidan Mattox creates luxurious dresses for social occasion, red-carpet, celebrity events and prom. The Aidan Mattox Collection was launched in 2004 to rave reviews. The Collection includes extremely chic cocktail dresses as well as dramatic floor-length gowns, with alluring high fashion details in opulent jewel tones and stunning neutrals. The Collection is sexy, modern, and glamorous and has been embraced by celebrities such as Hayden Panettierre, Kiera Knightley, Leighton Meester, Paulina Porizhova, and Portia DeRossi. Aidan Mattox is one of the top performing dress collections in fine department stores and multi-brand stores including Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Bloomingdales and Nordstrom’s. The Collection is designed with rich fabrics, for women seeking a sexy, feminine, and eclectic aesthetic. The Collection is frequently featured in national publications including Vogue, Marie Claire, Elle, In Style, and Lucky Magazine. Aidan Mattox long-term plans include opening stores globally, establishing the brand as a worldwide presence offering women beautiful, innovative, high-quality dresses at contemporary price points.
In a world where luxury seems to be going away, Neiman Marcus is one of the few companies that still does luxury right – especially with brands like Aidan Mattox. Blending together great sales and high-end fashion, shopping at Neiman Marcus, even if it is just online, is an experience. You’ll have access to some of the highest end designers and with Aidan Mattox, there is nowhere else you’ll want to shop. Even better, you’ll find something for everyone – from a teenager to your mom to a newborn baby. They have one of the widest selections on the internet for Aidan Mattox and other well-known names. Of course, you can also expect some surprises.
Most importantly, Neiman Marcus sometimes gets exclusives from Aidan Mattox where you can’t find the item anywhere but either in a Neiman Marcus or online. You have to be quick, however.
The Hottest Deals for Aidan Mattox
Yes, that's right, we searched all over the web and found the hottest deals for Aidan Mattox
You’ve got some great pieces in your wardrobe. You know you do. So then why is it that every time you open your closet, you either A) find you have absolutely nothing to wear, or B) stick to your same ol’ “safe” outfits. It might all come down to a very simple reason: you are not taking full advantage of color matching. Once you start looking at colors, and new ways to combine them, a world of possibilities with your existing wardrobe will open up before your eyes!
- Complimentary Colors – Unless you remember high school art class, you might need to get on Google for this. On the color wheel, a complimentary color is one that can be found directly across from your current color, and it is combo guaranteed to look fab. See? It’s science!
- Think Ombre — Admittedly, this is the easy way out, but it will work in a pinch. It might even get your color matching juices flowing! Just as ombre uses varying shades of the same color, try pairing differing hues of the same color in pastels, jewel tones, earth tones, etc.
- J. Crew Cheat Sheet – When in doubt, hit the catalogues! It works to find inspiration in almost anything… decorating, interior design, gardening…so why not fashion? J. Crew in particular is fantastic at coordinating items resulting in the most beautiful array of colors and patterns you’ve ever seen! It’s almost guaranteed that even if you don’t have the exact pieces J. Crew is using, you most likely have the colors. So look at how their experts are pairing the colors, and follow their lead.
- Look to Your Prints – Some of your favorite, most unlikely, most delightful color combinations might be hiding right in front of your eyes! Maybe it’s in your closet, or your accessory drawer, or maybe it’s something straight from a fashion mag or your favorite designer’s runway show. Prints! You know ‘em, you love ‘em…and they can unlock all kinds of winning color combinations for you. Also pay attention to the proportion in which each color is used. Make the most-used colors the inspiration for your big pieces, and let the lesser-used colors inspire you for small pieces and accessories.
- Black and White – It’s classic for a good reason: it works! Pairing black and white is not only striking, but it works on a scientific level, since these two colors are opposites on the color wheel. And they also combine to provide an epic base for adding a pop of color in shoes, belts, jewelry, bags, and other accessories (just do us a favor…don’t take it too far and go all Cruella Deville on us).
The New Year not only brings new possibilities for you, but also for your wardrobe! There are some very exciting new trends upcoming for 2016, but you don’t need to break the bank keeping with the times. By just adding a few key trend pieces to the pieces you already own, you can both embrace the best of 2016 fashion while staying true to your own unique style. We’d give a big cheers to that!
Anything orange – You’ve got to retrain your brain…orange is not just for Summer. It’s a fun and fresh color to ring in the new year, and just a pop of it in your outfit will go a long way. Or, of course, you can always go full-on, all-over orange too, but be sure to balance it out with nudes and neutrals.
Pleats – Unlike the giant-sized pleats of 2015, the pleats trending for 2016 are thinner, tighter, more delicate knife-pleats. These can help to keep a much more tailored look while remaining completely feminine.
Flat mules – These are the evolution of the popular flats of 2015. Flat mules might actually be considered the fashion “mullets” of the shoe world…business in the front, party in the back! But aside from all that, they are oh-so-comfortable.
The half-moon purse – Another evolution on a huge 2015 fashion trend, the half-moon purse is the next cross-body purse…only more structured, and a bit cuter. It has all the convenience of its cross-body cousin and all the roomy functionality of the bucket bag. A perfect combo!
Off-the-shoulder halter – The 2016 version of the classic halter has a higher neck, creating all the drama quite high up and drawing the eye to your neck and shoulders. The thin straps keep it graceful and delicate, while your bare shoulders keep it sexy.
Netting – From the finest mesh to the chunkiest open-weave, many of 2016’s styles will be incorporating netting into the mix. It instantly makes any piece of clothing a bit more fun and approachable, not to mention wearable.
Marled knits – The early months of 2016 will see tons of fashionistas donning light sweaters in lovely and muted marled knits. The contrasting and complementary mix of thread colors softens the overall look and gives added dimension.
Light denim – Denim will always be in fashion, year after year, and 2016 will see it more wearable and versatile than ever! The denim of 2016 is thinner, softer, and will be seen in all forms of new and fabulous wardrobe staples.
You’ve probably heard people with brown eyes lament and long for any other eye color. You might even hear them say, “Brown eyes are boring.” Well, actually, they’re probably the most versatile color to play off and enhance eye makeup! People with brown eyes don’t just have one perfect eye makeup look…they have dozens! So, truly, when you figure out what enhances those brown eyes, the rest is pure fun!
- What hue are your brown eyes? – To find what makeup look works best, we’ve got to figure out what shade of brown eyes you have. A good rule of thumb is that whatever your shade of eye (deep, medium, light), your best colors are usually found on the same level of colors. For instance, deep brown eyes usually look best with darker shadows, and can withstand darker liner…and so on.
- What shape are your brown eyes? – For the purposes of eye shadow application techniques, you will need to do some research on the shape of your eyes. Are they small, large, protruding, almond, hooded, wide set, close set? Once you find the shape, you will find the application technique that best enhances them.
- Don’t skip the basics – What are the basics? Primer and under-eye concealer, to be precise. Before any eye makeup look, on any eye color, you need to make sure that there’s a clean canvas. Primer ensures your shadow and liner stays put (or else why put it on in the first place?), and concealer eliminates any darkness or unevenness that may distract from your lovely eyes.
- Find your best colors – Each brown eye hue has a corresponding set of optimal colors that will help create the perfect eye makeup look for you. Dark brown – forest greens, dark grays, deep plums. Medium brown – purples, greens, coppers. Light brown – neutrals, golds, vibrant greens.
- Liner – Depending on the shape and shade of your eyes, as well as the eye look you are aiming for, there are a plethora of eyeliner colors and techniques you can employ! Just remember to stick with the colors levels that correspond to your eye shade (for instance, the lighter your eye color, the more you will need to avoid black liner). And don’t be afraid to add color with the liner: a plum or vibrant purple, a navy or bright blue.
- When in doubt, go for smokey! – It’s hard to beat a smokey eye, no matter what your eye color. Brown eyed beauties like Keira Knightly, Natalie Portman, and Kim Kardashian all love to rock a smokey look. Following the guidelines from steps 1-4 above, you should be able to create a smokey eye that you can turn to time and time again.
- Brows are crucial – Nothing ruins a beautiful eye look faster than a messy brow. Detect your perfect eyebrow shape, trim and groom them, define the arch. If your eyebrows are naturally light, they may tend to wash out your look. So, invest in an eyebrow tinting kit. Darkening by even one or two shades will make a huge difference to for your perfect eye makeup look, and your whole face, in general.
- Mascara is a must – You can’t have a perfect eye look without mascara of some sort. If your lashes are naturally light, consider sticking to a dark brown mascara (instead of black). And even if you don’t think it will make a difference, curl your lashes first! What good is knowing how to curl your eyelashes, if you don’t take a moment to do it? It will open up the look of your eyes like you won’t believe!
- A finishing touch of highlighter – No eye makeup is complete without highlighter. Sweep a light shimmering cream or pink color under your brow and in your tear duct to finish your look.
So, you have brown eyes, do you? You’ve got the best of the best, kid. The only eye color with no contrasting or complimentary eye color on the color wheel, as a brown-eyed baby, you can practically wear any color! Your perfect eye makeup is pretty much all of them…so get out there and flaunt it!