J. Mendel, a five-generation French atelier has evolved into a global luxury fashion house. Continuing in the couture tradition and fur savoir-faire of his ancestors, designer Gilles Mendel is known for combining the highest quality materials and impeccable craftsmanship with a modern, award-winning design sensibility. Based in New York since the 1980s, J. Mendel’s signature luxe-femininity and effortless elegance has become a red-carpet favorite among international royalty and Hollywood stars alike.
In a world where luxury seems to be going away, Neiman Marcus is one of the few companies that still does luxury right – especially with brands like J. Mendel. Blending together great sales and high-end fashion, shopping at Neiman Marcus, even if it is just online, is an experience. You’ll have access to some of the highest end designers and with J. Mendel, there is nowhere else you’ll want to shop. Even better, you’ll find something for everyone – from a teenager to your mom to a newborn baby. They have one of the widest selections on the internet for J. Mendel and other well-known names. Of course, you can also expect some surprises.
Most importantly, Neiman Marcus sometimes gets exclusives from J. Mendel where you can’t find the item anywhere but either in a Neiman Marcus or online. You have to be quick, however.
The Hottest Deals for J. Mendel
Yes, that's right, we searched all over the web and found the hottest deals for J. Mendel
You’ve been dreaming of it for years. Every last detail. The flowers, the colors, the dress. You know you definitely want makeup for smokey eyes. But then your heart slightly sinks: you have hooded eyes…and hooded eye makeup can be tricky. The last thing you want on your fairytale wedding day is anything “tricky.” Thankfully, with just a few helpful tips, your smokey eye wedding day makeup will be nothing short of spectacular, and “tricky” will be a distant memory!
- Pick your palette – Instead of trying to match your makeup colors to your flowers or bridesmaid dresses, you should be looking to compliment your eyes and natural coloring. For example, blue eyes are complimented best by browns and bronzes. Green eyes sparkle by adding grays and purples. And a fabulous smokey eye makeup for brown eyes might include a palette of navy blues, plums, or golds.
- Primer is a must – Not only will you want extra staying power for your wedding day, your eye makeup will also need it. Since some of your lid folds over on itself, that constant contact rubs off your products much faster than eyes that are not hooded. Product placement is crucial for your eye type, and we need makeup for smokey eyes that will go the distance. Coat your lid with primer, blend, and let dry.
- Conceal – Hooded eyes sometimes have a tendency to look tired, and you definitely don’t want to add to that effect by leaving bags or dark circles visible. Without concealer, both morning and evening makeup looks can equally reveal dark shadows under eyes. Using a peach-tone concealer, pat in a semi-circle under each eye and blend thoroughly.
- Shadow placement – Here’s where things could get “tricky”…but they won’t. Hooded eye makeup for smokey eyes requires that you apply a matte mid-tone shade on the lid. Take a darker shade and blend slightly above your natural crease. The darker shade on your “hood” will help to make it recede, while still adding the smokiness you desire. Bring the darker shade into the outer corner and along your upper lash line (creating a sideways V). Blend very
- Liner – Run a waterproof pencil liner all along your upper lash line and smudge. Do the same on your lower lash line. Then take the darkest shadow (the one you used to make the V), and go over your liner. Smudge and blend to really smoke it out! (The shadow will also help to set the liner).
- Mascara – You know you will be shedding some tears today! You also don’t want to add any irritation from the formulation of your mascara. That means you are going to want not only waterproof, but the best organic mascara you can find. Two or three coats should do it.
- Lashes add special glamour – If you don’t want to worry about your false lashes straying or lash glue giving out halfway through your day, you might want to consider eyelash extensions. And if you’re looking at lash extensions, for something as special as your wedding, we’re talkin’ mink. Mink eyelash extensions are the best you can buy, made from real mink hair, which closely resembles your own lashes. They last 2-3 months!
- Highlight – All eyes are going to be on you today. Be sure that you glow in all the right places…and that includes your eyes! Adding a thin line of pearlescent or iridescent shimmer under your brow and in your tear duct will lighten and brighten your whole eye area. Talk about amazing eye makeup!
- Groom those brows! – Well-groomed brows give your wedding day makeup the perfect polish. They frame your face, and they can really make your smokey eye makeup pop. Consider investing in an eyebrow shaping kit to fully define and make the most of your arch.
- Setting gives staying power – From the moment you wake up that morning, to the moment the last guest leaves that night, your makeup will need to look as flawless as possible. Try to use only waterproof or long-wear products. Be sure to dust your final face with a translucent powder. There are also several makeup “setting” sprays that can be misted on after all your makeup has been applied, as a little extra insurance.
It’s the day you’ve been waiting for all your life. Now you can go into it with one less thing to worry about. No one will see your hooded eyes…they will only see you…as a lovely bride… looking perfect from “Here Comes the Bride” to “Happily Ever After.”
No one likes going through a breakup – it is a bad situation for everyone involved. However, there is only so much crying and eating ice cream you can do until you need to get back out there and feel like yourself again. For a fashionista, that means putting on your best outfit and showing it off.
There is no better way to get an outfit you feel amazing in than to buy something new.
Here are a few items that it is absolutely fine to buy after a breakup:
Ready to be the center of attention again? After a long-term relationship, you probably don’t have any great dresses to just go out and dance in. You don’t need just any little black dress – you need one that is going to turn every eye toward you and give you the pick of the rebound.
Find a little black dress that offers something extra – like sequins, glitter, feathers, a low cut back, or all of the above. Don’t be afraid to be overdressed!
We rarely feel prettier than we do when we are strutting around in a fantastic pair of high heels. After a breakup, invest in a pair of strappy heels that make you walk just a little bit taller. You can pair them with your LBD from above, or just wear them out and about where you know your ex will be.
Just make sure you can walk in them – in case you do see him and you want to walk away quickly.
Something For Underneath
Even if you aren’t ready to move on completely yet, you still want to feel like you have your groove back. The best way to do that is to know you have a secret – especially one that is dainty and lacy. You’ll move differently and feel different in your clothing – and if someone gets to see it, they will be in for a surprise.
Make sure this isn’t a piece of clothing that you have any good memories with your ex in, because that could make you feel worse.
Revenge Body Worthy
While a “revenge body” isn’t the best term in the world – there is something to be said about getting into a better workout routine post-breakup. After eating all of that ice cream and sitting around all day, you are probably feeling pretty bad. Instead of sulking, get out and get your muscles working – you’ll feel better. If you get into better physical shape in the process, more power to you.
Buy a few new pieces of workout gear to really bring home that need to be healthier.
Remember how amazing you are and that surviving after a breakup is all part of the process – you’ll get there and you’ll be more fabulous than before.
A girl might think that the most important article of clothing she could wear is a fancy shirt, or a pricey pair of jeans, or even a killer pair of shoes. But a woman will tell you that the most important article of clothing in your wardrobe is unequivocally a really well-fitting bra. In fact, wearing the wrong bra can actually make you look fat! But worry no more…we’re here to explain how the wrong bra can be effecting you, and what you can do to fix it.
How does your bra make you look fat?
- Your boobs are hiding your waist – When your bra is ill-fitting or sagging, your boobs will sag. Since the smallest part of your torso is the area just below your chest and just above your bellybutton, how is anyone supposed to see it with your boobs hanging in the way?
- Your too–small bra is creating the appearance of extra fat rolls – A bra that is too small around the band will dig into your back. No matter how skinny you are, trust us, that too-small band will create fat rolls on either side of it. And if your cups are too small, your boobs will be pushed out above, below, and out the sides, again creating rolls of fat.
- Your bra is causing your clothes look too tight – You know how frustrating it is to try on a shirt, only to face the mirror and see gaps and gaping? You try on a larger size, only to face the mirror and now see the shirt looking sloppy on you. 9 times out of 10, it’s not the shirt…it’s the bra.
So how can you fix the bra conundrum?
- STOP…FIXATING…ON…SIZE – So what if you wore a perfect 34C in high school. Does the rest of you still look the same as you did in high school? So why would you think your bra size would still be a perfect 34C? The main reason why women wear the wrong bra size is because they have a stigma in their head about going up a size or two. Stop thinking in terms of a “bra size” and start thinking in terms of “a bra that fits, size-schmize”!
- Get properly sized – You might be thinking…”I can’t afford to get sized.” But guess what? You’re wrong. Many lingerie departments in department stores have trained their sales people to size bras properly. You can also get free sizing in some stores, like Victoria’s Secret. So be sure to ask to be sized when out bra shopping! It’s one of the most important factors in looking better in your clothes!
- Take a deep breath, and make the investment – Aside from the size-stigma, the second biggest reason why women cling to their life-long bra mistakes is that they don’t want to spend the money for a really good, really well-fitting bra. Stop thinking your bra is unimportant just because it’s unseen! Again, this is where you need to shift your priorities. Your bra needs to be on par with your outerwear, or with any other purchase in fact, clothing or not, in terms of you forking out money. A good bra fits and holds up better because it is a better made bra. It is an investment. One you will never regret!