THE ROW was established in 2006 by Ashley Olsen and Mary-Kate Olsen. Since its launch, the brand has expanded to include a range of ready-to-wear, eyewear, and handbags. THE ROW reflects a sense of relaxed and timeless elegance, focusing on fine fabrics and the perfect fit. In 2012, The Council of Fashion Designers of America named Ashley and Mary-Kate as Womenswear Designers of The Year. Part of THE ROW’s mission is to support high-end fashion manufacturing in the US.
The Hottest Deals for The Row
Yes, that's right, we searched all over the web and found the hottest deals for The Row
Sure, that Aztec-print poncho looks fab…but is it going to keep you warm? And that faux-leather biker jacket would really add some edginess to your outfit…but will you end up shivering? Let’s face it, you may be more concerned with wow-factor than warmth, but clattering jaws and having your arms bundled around you does not make the best fashion statement. So wouldn’t it be smarter to be warm and stylish at the same time? We think so…and here’s how!
- Base layers – Ideally, these layers will not be seen, but will definitely be felt. As in warmth. Base layers will help to keep in your body heat, so they will never use 100% natural fibers like cotton (which does not retain heat). The best base layers will be thin and made from breathable Merino wool or synthetic fabric, but wool is better for extreme cold climates.
- Light outerwear – If you plan to be out walking more than inside sitting, you might be able to layer on a heavier sweater here…but if you will be going in and out of the warmth of the inside, you probably want to add a tank top and a lighter sweater (the tank can always be discreetly removed if necessary). It may seem strange to layer a tank over a long sleeved base layer, but the goal is to keep your core warm…and no one is going to see these under layers but you.
- Overcoat – We discussed the best coat shapes for your figure in a previous article (here), but in terms of warmth, this layer will be the one where you can make the most impact, both with style and If going more casual, look for parkas, quilted puffer jackets, thick ponchos, and duffel coats. If you’re after a dressier style, opt for pea coats, wrap coats, structured trench coats, and swing coats.
- Hat, gloves, scarf, socks – Here too, you can add loads of style while adding warmth. Hats are not only cute, but completely practical, since they help to keep your body heat from escaping from the top of your head. For a casual look, go for a slouchy beanie or floppy wide-brim, and for a sleeker, sophisticated look, try a structured fedora or cloche. Gloves are also a must in cold and windy climates…knits for casual looks, leather for dressier outfits. A scarf can add a pop of color or pattern while keeping you cozy too. And if you are wearing closed-toed shoes (and in very cold climates, you should be), be sure to wear thick, warm socks with boots.
The New Year not only brings new possibilities for you, but also for your wardrobe! There are some very exciting new trends upcoming for 2016, but you don’t need to break the bank keeping with the times. By just adding a few key trend pieces to the pieces you already own, you can both embrace the best of 2016 fashion while staying true to your own unique style. We’d give a big cheers to that!
Anything orange – You’ve got to retrain your brain…orange is not just for Summer. It’s a fun and fresh color to ring in the new year, and just a pop of it in your outfit will go a long way. Or, of course, you can always go full-on, all-over orange too, but be sure to balance it out with nudes and neutrals.
Pleats – Unlike the giant-sized pleats of 2015, the pleats trending for 2016 are thinner, tighter, more delicate knife-pleats. These can help to keep a much more tailored look while remaining completely feminine.
Flat mules – These are the evolution of the popular flats of 2015. Flat mules might actually be considered the fashion “mullets” of the shoe world…business in the front, party in the back! But aside from all that, they are oh-so-comfortable.
The half-moon purse – Another evolution on a huge 2015 fashion trend, the half-moon purse is the next cross-body purse…only more structured, and a bit cuter. It has all the convenience of its cross-body cousin and all the roomy functionality of the bucket bag. A perfect combo!
Off-the-shoulder halter – The 2016 version of the classic halter has a higher neck, creating all the drama quite high up and drawing the eye to your neck and shoulders. The thin straps keep it graceful and delicate, while your bare shoulders keep it sexy.
Netting – From the finest mesh to the chunkiest open-weave, many of 2016’s styles will be incorporating netting into the mix. It instantly makes any piece of clothing a bit more fun and approachable, not to mention wearable.
Marled knits – The early months of 2016 will see tons of fashionistas donning light sweaters in lovely and muted marled knits. The contrasting and complementary mix of thread colors softens the overall look and gives added dimension.
Light denim – Denim will always be in fashion, year after year, and 2016 will see it more wearable and versatile than ever! The denim of 2016 is thinner, softer, and will be seen in all forms of new and fabulous wardrobe staples.
Every year, dozens of “new and amazing” beauty and makeup products are introduced onto the market. And every year, more than half of them fall by the weigh-side and are forgotten in months. Depending on the money behind the launch campaigns, they may have made you believe you absolutely, positively, could not live without forking over your hard-earned money to snap up their latest and greatest product…but that doesn’t mean you’ve ever bought the product again. Thankfully though, there are many products out there worthy of purchase, over and over. These are the classics. The “Holy Grail” makeup must-haves. Maybe your Mom introduced you to a few of them. Maybe you will introduce a few to young girls in your life. Either way, we found 20 true keepers…and here are the first 5!
- CND Stickey Base Coat – Those of us who constantly have to wage the war of peeling and chipping nail polish have experimented with every way possible to keep that polish on longer. Every base coat claims to help get the job done, but only one has ever really done so. This one. The tint might not be perfect for nude and sheer colors, but for every other color, it’s a definite go-to.
- Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque – Perhaps you remember this from your Mom’s (or even your Grandma’s) bathroom cabinet? Yep, it’s been around that long. Not only is it one of the most inexpensive beauty products you could hope for, but the mint and clay help to squash oil, nix shine, and clear out pores beautifully. Best yet, your skin won’t feel overly dry afterwards.
- Crest Whitestrips – Thanks to these little miracle strips, we’ve long said goodbye to harsh and messy bleach trays, as well as super-expensive dentist whitening visits. White teeth and a smile are always your two best ways to make a lovely statement every time you walk in the room. In just 30 minutes, your pearly whites will be even whiter. Perfect.
- LORAC ‘Front of the Line PRO’ Liquid Eye Liner – It’s ok to admit it if you’re not great with applying liquid eyeliner. It takes a skilled hand and lots of practice. That’s why this product made the must-have list. Since its introduction, it’s made those classy cat eyes and winged flicks flawless for us…the perfect blend of liquid liner and controlled applicator (bye-bye thin little brush).
- Maybelline Great Lash Mascara – The green and pink bottle is downright iconic! It’s inexpensive, found in every drugstore, and gives you long, defined lashes every time. If you are partial to more voluminous lashes, you can even use this mascara in a classic runway trick: Apply one coat of mascara, then using a Q-tip or a clean mascara wand, dredge each side of the lashes with a light coating of baby powder, then apply a second coat of mascara…and voilà!
Stay tuned for more from our list of 20 Beauty and Makeup Must-Haves!