Inspired by the sophistication and elegance of Hollywood, Aidan Mattox creates luxurious dresses for social occasion, red-carpet, celebrity events and prom. The Aidan Mattox Collection was launched in 2004 to rave reviews. The Collection includes extremely chic cocktail dresses as well as dramatic floor-length gowns, with alluring high fashion details in opulent jewel tones and stunning neutrals. The Collection is sexy, modern, and glamorous and has been embraced by celebrities such as Hayden Panettierre, Kiera Knightley, Leighton Meester, Paulina Porizhova, and Portia DeRossi. Aidan Mattox is one of the top performing dress collections in fine department stores and multi-brand stores including Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Bloomingdales and Nordstrom’s. The Collection is designed with rich fabrics, for women seeking a sexy, feminine, and eclectic aesthetic. The Collection is frequently featured in national publications including Vogue, Marie Claire, Elle, In Style, and Lucky Magazine. Aidan Mattox long-term plans include opening stores globally, establishing the brand as a worldwide presence offering women beautiful, innovative, high-quality dresses at contemporary price points.
In a world where luxury seems to be going away, Neiman Marcus is one of the few companies that still does luxury right – especially with brands like Aidan Mattox. Blending together great sales and high-end fashion, shopping at Neiman Marcus, even if it is just online, is an experience. You’ll have access to some of the highest end designers and with Aidan Mattox, there is nowhere else you’ll want to shop. Even better, you’ll find something for everyone – from a teenager to your mom to a newborn baby. They have one of the widest selections on the internet for Aidan Mattox and other well-known names. Of course, you can also expect some surprises.
Most importantly, Neiman Marcus sometimes gets exclusives from Aidan Mattox where you can’t find the item anywhere but either in a Neiman Marcus or online. You have to be quick, however.
The Hottest Deals for Aidan Mattox
Yes, that's right, we searched all over the web and found the hottest deals for Aidan Mattox
We know the frustration that can sometimes come from looking at the fashion magazines and then trying those looks on our own body type. More often than not, those fashion mag styles just don’t look right on us. Some even manage to look downright hideous. But it’s not your body shape that’s to blame. Would you blame your size 8 foot for not fitting a size 5 shoe? Of course not. The key to looking better is to know what works on your unique apple-shaped body. Once you know that, you can take inspiration from the fashion mag pics and make those outfits your own!
What identifies an apple-shaped figure? Typically, apple-shaped figures are known as “top heavy.” You likely have broad shoulders and a full bust, waist, and upper back. You might also have thinner arms, legs, and hips, since you tend to gain weight around your middle. The key to dressing an apple shape is to draw attention away from your waist.
What to avoid:
- Patterns/pictures that will draw attention to your middle
- Any belt, especially those that are thick, will only highlight your mid-section
- Clingy material
- Shirts/dresses that are much too big, thinking that more fabric will camouflage your belly. It won’t…it will only make you look bigger.
Tops: Go for v-necks and slightly plunging necklines; those will help to elongate the look of your torso while camouflaging your middle. And even though you are an apple shape, you can still emphasize that small portion of your upper waist, right under your bust line with empire-waist tops. You can also try wrap tops that drape loosely over your belly.
Jackets: Belted jackets can help create the look of a thinner waist. But in general, coats, jackets, and blazers look great on you when worn open, as this creates a long visual vertical line, lessening the roundness of your middle. In terms of length, make sure the coat ends mid-thigh or longer. Shorter coats only serve to draw attention to your middle.
Bottoms: Pants are one article of clothing for you that can contain lots of embellishment, especially around pockets. Look for trousers with a flat-front and slightly flared bottoms, which will help to create balance with your mid-section. Wide legs would also tend to work well at balancing you out.
Dresses: Look for A-line, empire, and wrap dresses. All of these will help to create the illusion of a waist, without drawing attention to your belly since they nip in and then flow out and away from your problem area. Skirts should be A-line, and you can even get away with shorter lengths, since your legs are an asset!
What is it about Winter weather that makes us just want to get out and enjoy nature? Sure, in the Summer, you can get out and enjoy nature just the same, but as the temperatures rise, you can only remove so many articles of clothing before….well…you get arrested. But in the Winter, you can bundle up and really make the most of the world around you! No matter what you fancy… hiking, camping, or even just enjoying a festive campfire with friends…we’ve got the gear you’re going to need to keep warm and keep going!
- Base layers – Why are base layers so important? Why can’t you just throw on a thick jacket and be done with it? Well, not only do base layers make it easier for you to adjust your body temp as you go, but they can keep you warm without letting you get overheated when enjoying activities outdoors. True base layers (long-sleeved tops and bottoms with fitted ankles) are worn close to the skin and are form-fitting (but not overly tight), made from polyester, wool, synthetics, or a combination of all three, but not Cotton will retain moisture and but will not retain much-needed heat.
- Insulating layers – Worn over base layers, insulating layers should still be made of the same materials – wool, polyester, and synthetics – but are a bit thicker (not so thick you can’t comfortably move though). In more moderate climates, you might be able to skip insulating layers and simply double-up on base layers. This layer will be the one that you layer on and off as your temperature, and that of the outdoors, fluctuates. That means your insulating layer is best comprised of pieces with zippers and/or buttons (like these) for ease of use.
- Weatherproof layers – Your outermost layers will be windproof, waterproof, and breathable. On top, that means you’re looking for a good hard-shell jacket, with plenty of zippers for extra ventilation. Regular jeans or pants will work over your base layer, but in colder climates, you should add a pair of weatherproof or weather-resistant pants. Not only will they keep your pants and under-layer dry, but they help to cut the chill of the wind.
- Hats/gloves –In cold weather, your body first loses heat through your extremities. That means hats and gloves are definitely in order! Again, try to look for fabrics like wool, polyester, or synthetics, since they will hold the heat better than cotton. Hats and gloves should fit snugly …and fleece-lining never hurts. And, in this day and age, look for gloves with smart touch fingertips, so you won’t have to constantly be taking them on and off to use your phone.
- Boots/shoes – Footwear should be waterproof, with thick soles, and have a fit with a bit of room. The extra room not only helps with accommodating the thicker socks (hopefully wool) you’ll be wearing, but it will allow for warm air to circulate and keep those toes warm.
Finally, add a hard-shell, insulated or lined jacket, one designed to take the elements, and you’re set. If you layer-up properly, and choose the right fabrics and fits, your Winter time wanderings are sure to be toasty, warm, and wonderful!
Let’s continue our exploration of the best and brightest of makeup and beauty’s all-time faves. These are the products that have been propelled into the must-have Hall of Fame, not only due to their overwhelming popularity, but for their constant high-quality performance. To get on this list, it’s not enough for a product to have a season of “gotta have it.” Nope. To be named here, a product must go the distance, over and over, to prove its worth. Maybe they came onto the market last year…or last decade…but they all have earned their spots on this list, as well as in our hearts!
- Butter London Nail Foundation – Over the past few years, we’ve come to know and love the bold colors with the cheeky British names. They all really hold their vibrancy, and wear so well. But one of the most unassuming looking Butter London products is also one of the most amazing! The Butter London Nail Foundation works behind the scenes to flawlessly smooth out any ridges and bumps so your finished product has a perfect satin finish.
- Bare Escentuals Powder Foundation – When this foundation first came on the market, no one quite knew what to make of it. A powder foundation… with medium coverage… that was actually good for your skin? What is this magic?! But Bare Essentuals has proven itself year after year, garnering more devotees by the day. No caking. No creasing. No breakouts. No oil. Perfection. Swirl, tap, and buff!
- The Original Beautyblender – It looked like a gimmick at first. And it’s certainly had dozens of copy-cat products claiming to work as well. But there really is only one Beautyblender. The pointy end gets in all those tight spots next to your nose and around your eyes, while the rounded end smooths out all the other spots. The tap-and-rock method, thanks to the sponge’s unique consistency, really helps to get that foundation and concealer blended flawlessly. Airbrush perfect.
- L’Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream – Yes, it’s French, and that does secretly make us feel extra fancy when using it. But that alone wouldn’t get the L’Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream on this list. The lush 20% shea butter formula absorbs quickly and completely, and the smell is divine! Our purse would feel empty without it (and our hands would definitely be cracked and dry)!
- Ole Henriksen Truth Serum – For years, beauty science has been trumpeting the effectiveness of Vitamin C in increasing cell turnover and eliminating dark spots and acne scars. But the real genius of the Ole Henriksen Truth Serum is the smooth, fast absorbing gel. Your skin feels instantly moisturized, while under the surface, that Vitamin C is hard at work making you even more beautiful!