Inspired by the sophistication and elegance of Hollywood, Aidan Mattox creates luxurious dresses for social occasion, red-carpet, celebrity events and prom. The Aidan Mattox Collection was launched in 2004 to rave reviews. The Collection includes extremely chic cocktail dresses as well as dramatic floor-length gowns, with alluring high fashion details in opulent jewel tones and stunning neutrals. The Collection is sexy, modern, and glamorous and has been embraced by celebrities such as Hayden Panettierre, Kiera Knightley, Leighton Meester, Paulina Porizhova, and Portia DeRossi. Aidan Mattox is one of the top performing dress collections in fine department stores and multi-brand stores including Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Bloomingdales and Nordstrom’s. The Collection is designed with rich fabrics, for women seeking a sexy, feminine, and eclectic aesthetic. The Collection is frequently featured in national publications including Vogue, Marie Claire, Elle, In Style, and Lucky Magazine. Aidan Mattox long-term plans include opening stores globally, establishing the brand as a worldwide presence offering women beautiful, innovative, high-quality dresses at contemporary price points.
In a world where luxury seems to be going away, Neiman Marcus is one of the few companies that still does luxury right – especially with brands like Aidan Mattox. Blending together great sales and high-end fashion, shopping at Neiman Marcus, even if it is just online, is an experience. You’ll have access to some of the highest end designers and with Aidan Mattox, there is nowhere else you’ll want to shop. Even better, you’ll find something for everyone – from a teenager to your mom to a newborn baby. They have one of the widest selections on the internet for Aidan Mattox and other well-known names. Of course, you can also expect some surprises.
Most importantly, Neiman Marcus sometimes gets exclusives from Aidan Mattox where you can’t find the item anywhere but either in a Neiman Marcus or online. You have to be quick, however.
The Hottest Deals for Aidan Mattox
Yes, that's right, we searched all over the web and found the hottest deals for Aidan Mattox
In this day and age, when everything in fashion and the media seems to be geared towards slim and skinny models, it can be difficult for curvy girls to find and style clothes that fit and flatter. Of course it’s easy to say that every woman’s shape is beautiful, but if that woman doesn’t feel beautiful, no outfit will work, no matter how much it costs. Luckily though, there are some tips and tricks you curvy girls can use that will amp up not only your outfits, but your confidence!
- Don’t try to hide your shape – You may think that the more covered you are, the more you can hide your shape, and therefore, the better you will look. But nope. In fact, it’s pretty much the opposite. Sure, if you are self-conscious about an area, you can keep it covered, but be careful not to hide away in too much fabric. That will do little more than make you look sloppy and, often times, even bigger than you actually are.
- Invest in undergarments – If you don’t already know, shapewear can smooth out a multitude of jiggly bits. But don’t try to squeeze into something three sizes too small for you thinking it will make you look skinnier. Not only will you be horribly uncomfortable, but you will only end up pushing the fat from one place to another, creating rolls you didn’t intend on. Instead, find shapewear that fits, smoothing out areas that are in need. And be sure to invest in a good bra too! That can make a tremendous difference in how your clothes actually look and fit. Imagine how much better you will look if your boobs aren’t down at your waist! But please don’t guess your size. Many stores offer free bra sizing, so take advantage of it!
- Try on, try on, try on – You may think you’re a certain size…but you almost certainly won’t be that size in every That’s why it’s important to try on everything. Don’t shy away from sizes because you think it’s too big, and don’t shy away from sizes thinking it’s too small and will never fit you. SIZE…IS…JUST…A…NUMBER.
- Dress your shape – Curvy girls come in all different shapes and sizes. Once you know what shape you are, you will know what pieces will flatter you the most. There are loads of shape guides online to use as a reference. Whether you’re a triangle, rectangle, pear, hourglass, inverted triangle, or oval, dressing to your shape is key to looking your best!
- Get a tailor – Let’s say you found a fab button-down top that actually fits around your boobs…no gaping around the buttons…but the rest of the top is waaaay too big. Your first instinct may be to put it back on the rack, but you’d be making a mistake and missing out on a great wardrobe staple piece. One of the things you will need to accept as a curvy girl is that a lot of clothing won’t fit you perfectly right off the rack. That’s no excuse for wearing ill-fitting clothes though! The answer is to take those important pieces to a tailor. It can make all the difference between looking sloppy and looking sensational!
Here’s the thing about nude lipstick…everyone’s “nude” is different. The nude that’s perfect for your very fair-skinned best friend might leave you looking like you’ve been dead for 3 days. And your perfect nude might make your very fair-skinned best friend look as if she went on a Doritos binge and forgot to wipe her mouth. So finding your nude can be tricky. Luckily, we’ve got a few tips that should make the hunt a little less confusing.
- Texture – There are some options when it comes to texture: sheer, opaque, creamy, matte. If you try a sheer nude, for example, it will allow more of your own natural lip color to show through. Therefore, it’s more of a tinted lip balm than a nude lipstick. That means we’re looking for something opaque to make more of a statement. Next consider finish: creamy or matte? Matte is great when it comes to bold colors like red and fuchsia, but in a nude, matte can sometimes make your lips look chalky and dry. So start your search focusing on a creamy, opaque lipstick.
- Prep – Any lipstick looks better with smooth, exfoliated lips. In fact, you really can’t judge it at all if your lips are dry and cracked. And no, just putting lipstick on over your dry, cracked lips won’t make them any more moisturized. Lipstick doesn’t work that way…if it did, it would be called moisturizer. So before you begin your adventure to find the nude of your dreams, be sure your lips are ready for action. Exfoliate them with a simple mix of sugar and olive oil. Rub in gentle circles with your finger, wipe clean with a cloth and warm water. (Another tip for making any lipstick look better: apply a lip moisturizer beforehand. After you rub your lips together, wipe the extra moisturizer off, or else the lipstick you’re trying will be too gloopy).
- Tone – Know your skin tone. You might be fair, but are your undertones more blue, yellow, or neutral, more cool or warm? Likewise, you might have darker skin, but are your undertones more yellow, blue, or neutral? That’s the tricky bit. The easiest way to know for sure is to head to a makeup counter and get matched for a foundation (it’s free). The makeup person should be able to pinpoint your exact skintone and undertones, which is not only something you will need to know for your makeup in general, but it will also help to find a nude lipstick that’s perfect. Since all lipsticks have undertones (blue, yellow, neutral), knowing yours should give you a range of colors that will work with your skintone, so you might actually be able to find 2 or 3 perfect nudes for you right at the makeup counter.
- Get together – If you are by yourself in your local drugstore, telling one nude lipstick from another can be more challenging. Pulling one color at a time won’t really help much either, since all nudes pretty much look the same when examined on their own. What you need is a contrast. So, pick 2 or 3 colors you think might work for you and hold them up next to each other. This way, you can definitely see if one is more pinky, or one is more orangy, or one looks juuuuust right.
- Try – You know the old adage… if at first you don’t succeed, try, try again. Finding your perfect nude lipstick is not something you can do without trying on a good number of the contenders. Don’t be afraid to try (and wipe off) multiple possibilities. Hey, you’ve gotta kiss some frogs before you find the Prince, right?
- Add makeup – Any nude lip is going to look 1000 times better with a bit of makeup on the rest of your face, because even the best nude lipstick can completely wash you out if it’s all by itself. A good rule of thumb is that if you are emphasizing your lips, go with a lighter eye, and if you are emphasizing your eyes, go with a lighter lip. Since nude is about as light as you can go with a lip, try putting a little more “oompfh” into your eye makeup. If you would rather do a moderate eye and emphasize your cheeks, then definitely be sure to add bronzer, cheek color, and highlight to really make those cheek bones pop. (Another tip – if you have cool tones to your skin, you might find that a warm-toned cheek color looks amazing. And vice versa, for warm skin tones, a cool-toned cheek color will really balance your makeup out).
You’ve been dreaming of it for years. Every last detail. The flowers, the colors, the dress. You know you definitely want makeup for smokey eyes. But then your heart slightly sinks: you have hooded eyes…and hooded eye makeup can be tricky. The last thing you want on your fairytale wedding day is anything “tricky.” Thankfully, with just a few helpful tips, your smokey eye wedding day makeup will be nothing short of spectacular, and “tricky” will be a distant memory!
- Pick your palette – Instead of trying to match your makeup colors to your flowers or bridesmaid dresses, you should be looking to compliment your eyes and natural coloring. For example, blue eyes are complimented best by browns and bronzes. Green eyes sparkle by adding grays and purples. And a fabulous smokey eye makeup for brown eyes might include a palette of navy blues, plums, or golds.
- Primer is a must – Not only will you want extra staying power for your wedding day, your eye makeup will also need it. Since some of your lid folds over on itself, that constant contact rubs off your products much faster than eyes that are not hooded. Product placement is crucial for your eye type, and we need makeup for smokey eyes that will go the distance. Coat your lid with primer, blend, and let dry.
- Conceal – Hooded eyes sometimes have a tendency to look tired, and you definitely don’t want to add to that effect by leaving bags or dark circles visible. Without concealer, both morning and evening makeup looks can equally reveal dark shadows under eyes. Using a peach-tone concealer, pat in a semi-circle under each eye and blend thoroughly.
- Shadow placement – Here’s where things could get “tricky”…but they won’t. Hooded eye makeup for smokey eyes requires that you apply a matte mid-tone shade on the lid. Take a darker shade and blend slightly above your natural crease. The darker shade on your “hood” will help to make it recede, while still adding the smokiness you desire. Bring the darker shade into the outer corner and along your upper lash line (creating a sideways V). Blend very
- Liner – Run a waterproof pencil liner all along your upper lash line and smudge. Do the same on your lower lash line. Then take the darkest shadow (the one you used to make the V), and go over your liner. Smudge and blend to really smoke it out! (The shadow will also help to set the liner).
- Mascara – You know you will be shedding some tears today! You also don’t want to add any irritation from the formulation of your mascara. That means you are going to want not only waterproof, but the best organic mascara you can find. Two or three coats should do it.
- Lashes add special glamour – If you don’t want to worry about your false lashes straying or lash glue giving out halfway through your day, you might want to consider eyelash extensions. And if you’re looking at lash extensions, for something as special as your wedding, we’re talkin’ mink. Mink eyelash extensions are the best you can buy, made from real mink hair, which closely resembles your own lashes. They last 2-3 months!
- Highlight – All eyes are going to be on you today. Be sure that you glow in all the right places…and that includes your eyes! Adding a thin line of pearlescent or iridescent shimmer under your brow and in your tear duct will lighten and brighten your whole eye area. Talk about amazing eye makeup!
- Groom those brows! – Well-groomed brows give your wedding day makeup the perfect polish. They frame your face, and they can really make your smokey eye makeup pop. Consider investing in an eyebrow shaping kit to fully define and make the most of your arch.
- Setting gives staying power – From the moment you wake up that morning, to the moment the last guest leaves that night, your makeup will need to look as flawless as possible. Try to use only waterproof or long-wear products. Be sure to dust your final face with a translucent powder. There are also several makeup “setting” sprays that can be misted on after all your makeup has been applied, as a little extra insurance.
It’s the day you’ve been waiting for all your life. Now you can go into it with one less thing to worry about. No one will see your hooded eyes…they will only see you…as a lovely bride… looking perfect from “Here Comes the Bride” to “Happily Ever After.”