Inspired by the sophistication and elegance of Hollywood, Aidan Mattox creates luxurious dresses for social occasion, red-carpet, celebrity events and prom. The Aidan Mattox Collection was launched in 2004 to rave reviews. The Collection includes extremely chic cocktail dresses as well as dramatic floor-length gowns, with alluring high fashion details in opulent jewel tones and stunning neutrals. The Collection is sexy, modern, and glamorous and has been embraced by celebrities such as Hayden Panettierre, Kiera Knightley, Leighton Meester, Paulina Porizhova, and Portia DeRossi. Aidan Mattox is one of the top performing dress collections in fine department stores and multi-brand stores including Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Bloomingdales and Nordstrom’s. The Collection is designed with rich fabrics, for women seeking a sexy, feminine, and eclectic aesthetic. The Collection is frequently featured in national publications including Vogue, Marie Claire, Elle, In Style, and Lucky Magazine. Aidan Mattox long-term plans include opening stores globally, establishing the brand as a worldwide presence offering women beautiful, innovative, high-quality dresses at contemporary price points.
In a world where luxury seems to be going away, Neiman Marcus is one of the few companies that still does luxury right – especially with brands like Aidan Mattox. Blending together great sales and high-end fashion, shopping at Neiman Marcus, even if it is just online, is an experience. You’ll have access to some of the highest end designers and with Aidan Mattox, there is nowhere else you’ll want to shop. Even better, you’ll find something for everyone – from a teenager to your mom to a newborn baby. They have one of the widest selections on the internet for Aidan Mattox and other well-known names. Of course, you can also expect some surprises.
Most importantly, Neiman Marcus sometimes gets exclusives from Aidan Mattox where you can’t find the item anywhere but either in a Neiman Marcus or online. You have to be quick, however.
The Hottest Deals for Aidan Mattox
Yes, that's right, we searched all over the web and found the hottest deals for Aidan Mattox
Sure, that Aztec-print poncho looks fab…but is it going to keep you warm? And that faux-leather biker jacket would really add some edginess to your outfit…but will you end up shivering? Let’s face it, you may be more concerned with wow-factor than warmth, but clattering jaws and having your arms bundled around you does not make the best fashion statement. So wouldn’t it be smarter to be warm and stylish at the same time? We think so…and here’s how!
- Base layers – Ideally, these layers will not be seen, but will definitely be felt. As in warmth. Base layers will help to keep in your body heat, so they will never use 100% natural fibers like cotton (which does not retain heat). The best base layers will be thin and made from breathable Merino wool or synthetic fabric, but wool is better for extreme cold climates.
- Light outerwear – If you plan to be out walking more than inside sitting, you might be able to layer on a heavier sweater here…but if you will be going in and out of the warmth of the inside, you probably want to add a tank top and a lighter sweater (the tank can always be discreetly removed if necessary). It may seem strange to layer a tank over a long sleeved base layer, but the goal is to keep your core warm…and no one is going to see these under layers but you.
- Overcoat – We discussed the best coat shapes for your figure in a previous article (here), but in terms of warmth, this layer will be the one where you can make the most impact, both with style and If going more casual, look for parkas, quilted puffer jackets, thick ponchos, and duffel coats. If you’re after a dressier style, opt for pea coats, wrap coats, structured trench coats, and swing coats.
- Hat, gloves, scarf, socks – Here too, you can add loads of style while adding warmth. Hats are not only cute, but completely practical, since they help to keep your body heat from escaping from the top of your head. For a casual look, go for a slouchy beanie or floppy wide-brim, and for a sleeker, sophisticated look, try a structured fedora or cloche. Gloves are also a must in cold and windy climates…knits for casual looks, leather for dressier outfits. A scarf can add a pop of color or pattern while keeping you cozy too. And if you are wearing closed-toed shoes (and in very cold climates, you should be), be sure to wear thick, warm socks with boots.
Almost everyone loves to wear black – it is a color that is almost always in style, always has great design, and makes your body look much better. However, there is more to embracing your inner witchy woman than just wearing black – it is going above and beyond and looking like you are well put together, strong, and ready to take on anyone or anything that steps in your way.
How can you bring more black and that witchy style into your wardrobe? Here are a few different ways to upgrade your black from simple to positively witchy:
Witches are inherently attractive and sensual characters. You have to embrace your sensuality and feel great in whatever you wear. The best way to do that is to wear a dress that not only hugs your curves, but it gives you curves you didn’t even know you had. Even better, find a dress that makes you feel like you can conquer the world.
Dresses with some pleating or gathering that covers up your problem areas and show off your great ones – like a high slit on the leg or a low cut back will help you to feel that confidence.
In Hidden Places
One of the best things about witchy fashion is that you don’t have to worry about someone judging you if you are completely confident in what you are wearing. However, hiding your strength can sometimes work in your favor even more than showing it off can.
Adding some subtle black socks or even lingerie can help you to bring that strength from within yourself and show the world just what you are made of.
Go For the Literal
One great way to embrace witches is to literally wear them and show them off whenever you can. Telling people that you know your strength can be incredibly special as well. It doesn’t have to be a giant Halloween-esque sweater like your grandmother used to wear (but it totally can be). Instead, go for something chic and simplistic that has a lot of design thought put into it – like this fantastic Alexander McQueen scarf.
On Your Lips
Witches always know just how beautiful they are, and wearing makeup that grabs the attention of everyone in the room is a fantastic way to highlight your natural beauty. A great dark red lipstick that is a little vampy and a little witchy is always classic. Wine shades, blacks, and even dark browns can also be a great addition to your style.
Just remember to exfoliate before you apply these lipsticks!
Don’t Forget the Shoes
What witchy woman would be complete without a fantastic pair of heels? Witches rarely walk around in flats, after all. Find shoes that are spiked, pointy, and completely luxurious. Shoes change everything about the way your body moves, how your outfit looks, and even how other people view you.
You don’t have to wait for Halloween to come to embrace your inner witch. Instead, you can celebrate it all year round.
Sure, every once in a while, a good va-va-va-voom makeup look is great, but who doesn’t want to look pretty every day? If you’ve got brown eyes, then we just so happen to have some great tips for achieving a beautiful natural look that’s perfect for every day!
- Cleansers – No makeup look can begin without a clean face. Even if you cleanse your face of makeup the night before, it’s always good to use a gentle, mild cleanser every morning before you apply makeup again. Great options: Juice Beauty Organic Face Wash and Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser.
- Eyebrows – If you aren’t paying attention to your eyebrows, you are missing one of the most crucial parts of any natural makeup for brown eyes look…or any look, for that matter! Brows should be groomed with a well-defined arch. Invest in a good eyebrow shaping kit. Great options: Benefit Cosmetics Brow Zings, Nyx Eyebrow Gel, and Anastasia Beverly Hills Five Item Brow Kit.
- Shadows – Using natural makeup for brown eyes, your shadow color choices can make or break the look. Know which colors work best in your shade. For example, perfect colors in makeup for dark brown eyes would include bronze for a natural tone, or a bright sapphire blue for a pop of color. Medium brown eyes should look for subtle or bright plums and purples. And light brown eyes, opt for shimmery taupe or a lively teal, or even fuchsia!
- Liner – Depending on the shape of your eye, you can find dozens of tutorials and how-to videos online outlining the proper eye makeup techniques that will help make them look their best. But if you are aiming for both a natural look and a natural product, you can find both in every price range. Great options: Any of the Almay liners, liquid and pencil, Physician’s Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum, Bare Minerals Round the Clock Waterproof Liner, and NVEY Eco Organic Cake Liner.
- Mascara – When looking for natural makeup for brown eyes in mascara, it’s best to search for paraben free cosmetics and organic formulations whenever possible. One of the best organic mascara products on the market, which also happens to be one of the most readily available is the Physician’s Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Mascara, and at a budget-friendly price of around $10, you can’t beat it.
- Lashes – Don’t think that because you want a more natural look, using more natural products, that you can’t add some glamour with natural looking false eyelashes! You can find human hair lashes, as well as natural mink eyelashes in several beauty stores and online. Whether you opt for partial lashes, individual lashes, or the flair from full lash strips, you can go subtle, go over-the-top, and everything in between! Great options: Ardell Fashion Lashes, and Eylure Naturalites Eyelashes.
See? With just a little forethought and specific shopping, you can find your best natural makeup look for brown eyes!