Inspired by the sophistication and elegance of Hollywood, Aidan Mattox creates luxurious dresses for social occasion, red-carpet, celebrity events and prom. The Aidan Mattox Collection was launched in 2004 to rave reviews. The Collection includes extremely chic cocktail dresses as well as dramatic floor-length gowns, with alluring high fashion details in opulent jewel tones and stunning neutrals. The Collection is sexy, modern, and glamorous and has been embraced by celebrities such as Hayden Panettierre, Kiera Knightley, Leighton Meester, Paulina Porizhova, and Portia DeRossi. Aidan Mattox is one of the top performing dress collections in fine department stores and multi-brand stores including Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Bloomingdales and Nordstrom’s. The Collection is designed with rich fabrics, for women seeking a sexy, feminine, and eclectic aesthetic. The Collection is frequently featured in national publications including Vogue, Marie Claire, Elle, In Style, and Lucky Magazine. Aidan Mattox long-term plans include opening stores globally, establishing the brand as a worldwide presence offering women beautiful, innovative, high-quality dresses at contemporary price points.
In a world where luxury seems to be going away, Neiman Marcus is one of the few companies that still does luxury right – especially with brands like Aidan Mattox. Blending together great sales and high-end fashion, shopping at Neiman Marcus, even if it is just online, is an experience. You’ll have access to some of the highest end designers and with Aidan Mattox, there is nowhere else you’ll want to shop. Even better, you’ll find something for everyone – from a teenager to your mom to a newborn baby. They have one of the widest selections on the internet for Aidan Mattox and other well-known names. Of course, you can also expect some surprises.
Most importantly, Neiman Marcus sometimes gets exclusives from Aidan Mattox where you can’t find the item anywhere but either in a Neiman Marcus or online. You have to be quick, however.
SHOP NOW AIDAN MATTOX at NEIMAN MARCUS
The Hottest Deals for Aidan Mattox
Yes, that's right, we searched all over the web and found the hottest deals for Aidan Mattox
Yes, yes…you need coats to keep you toasty when the air turns chilly. But you can accomplish that by walking around with wrapped in a blanket too. If you’re gonna keep warm, you might as well do it with style, right? Right! Coats are not just mindless pieces of fabric that get you from point A to point B. Selecting a coat should be no different than selecting an outfit…it should always flatter your body type. These coats will keep you warm while making sure you look hot, flawlessly flattering both your shape and your style this winter!
Hourglass – If you’re an hourglass, then you know how tricky it can be to dress that beautiful shape of yours for warmth… without making that shape look like a tent or a blob. So, for the perfect coat, think wide-belted, single-breasted, with a bell-shaped or A-line skirt. It will show both your curves and define your small waist, which will keep your body in beautiful proportion.
Petite – Your small frame will only be swallowed up by a long coat with lots of bulky material, so look for something that ends just past your hips, and definitely no longer than mid-thigh. Also avoid big buckles and flashy buttons or embellishments. Coats with too much going on will only overwhelm your frame.
Pear – Since you’ve got some awesome hips and curves, your best coat will be one with a dramatic, sizeable, v-neck collar and a cinched waist. This will not only balance up your bottom half, it will draw the eye upwards toward your cleavage and face.
Boyish – The best way to add curves to a boyish shape is with a double-breasted, belted coat with either a peplum waist or a flared, bell-shaped bottom. This will help keep you looking slim while creating delicious curves in all the right places.
Apple – An overall A-line shape with an asymmetric closure (either the line of the zipper or buttons) will skim your widest area, while hugging your most narrow…thus creating a very flattering shape for you. Also look to a geometric, asymmetrical pattern, such as a plaid.
Long and lean – If your figure is ballerina-like (long and lean), you can pull off a longer, straight, structured coat. If it’s more on the boyish side and you’d like some curves, opt for a belted version that cinches in and creates/defines your waist. For an even more graceful and elegant line, try a funnel-neck collar. Positively swanlike!
The first false lashes actually hit the silver screen in 1916, when legendary movie director, D.W. Griffith, gave a wig maker the directive to create lashes so long they would touch a starlet’s cheeks when she fluttered them or looked down. Human hair was carefully weaved through gauze and then stuck to the lid with a type of cosmetics gum.
We’ve certainly come a long way since then! Falsies are more popular than ever, put to daily use in the routines of many makeup mavens. But, thanks to the huge number of lash brands, styles, and types on the market, finding the best lashes can be challenging, even for the most practiced among us. If you manage to get your selection right, not only will the lashes look fabulous, but they should hold up through multiple wears (with the proper care). So, just to make your work easier, we’ve taken a closer look at some of the most popular brands in every price range.
Ardell – Ardell false eyelashes are readily available online and in most drugstores. The company began in 1971 and has grown to one of… if not the… biggest false eyelash brand in the world.
- Types of lashes: Natural, Glamour, Accent, Individuals (some semi-permanent styles), and Rhinestone (more exotic and daring styles, colors, accented with small rhinestones ).
- Real or synthetic? According to the Ardell site, “The majority of Ardell strip lashes are made from 100% sterilized human hair. Some strip lashes may be made with synthetic fiber similar to human hair due to intricacy of particular style and addition of rhinestones.”
- Lash glue or special directions? Some lashes may have a small vial of false eyelash glue Online they offer both clear (Lashgrip Strip Adhesive) and black glue (Lashtite Adhesive). While Ardell does offer Lashfree Remover, no special eyelash glue remover is necessary.
- Price point: $3 – $6
- Overall selection: Huge. Literally. You could wear a different lash almost every day of the year.
- Overall reviews: By far, some of the best false eyelashes you can find in a low price-point. Reviews were overwhelmingly positive everywhere we looked online. Some consumers complained that when buying the lashes online, the product they received did not match the picture. Other complaints dealt with application… but in our opinion, that’s really operator error, not a problem with the lashes themselves.
Eylure – Eylure lashes, also, are readily available both online and in your local drugstore. Founded by David and Eric Aylott, Eylure has been a trailblazer in false lashes since the 1940s. In the beginning, their products were mainly used on stage and screen, by the 1960s, the Eylure lashes hit the mainstream.
- Types of lashes: Natural, Lengthening, Texture, Volume, Definition, Exaggerate, Dramatic, Party, and Brown lashes.
- Real or synthetic? After a long, frustrating search online, we’ve decided that unless the product specifies “100% human hair,” that they are most likely a good quality synthetic.
- Lash glue or special directions? Some packages my include a small vial of eyelash glue, but they also have eyelash adhesive made especially for their strip lashes (Lashfix), clear and black eyelash glue (Superfix)… but any eyelash glue should work. Eylure also offers “Lift Off” eyelash remover, though any oil-free makeup remover should work as well.
- Price point: $4 – $10
- Overall selection: Aside from a massive range of styles, colors, textures, and effects, Eylure offers some “celebrity” styles, from such notables as Katy Perry and British favorites Cheryl Cole, Kimberley Walsh, and Nicola Roberts.
- Overall reviews: The majority of reviews we found online were very positive, however, there were some consumers who found mistakes with packaging (two visibly different lashes in the same package), and some had trouble maneuvering the thicker more voluminous lash varieties (complaints that the lashes were too stiff and would not bend).
Revlon –While Revlon the company began in 1930, marketing their unique nail polish and lipstick, the Revlon false eyelashes are a more recent addition to both the brand and to the contenders of the best false eyelashes battle.
- Types of lashes: Revlon Runway, Revlon Fantasy Lengths, Revlon Beyond Natural, Individual, and Volumizing.
- Real or synthetic? All of the lashes appear to be synthetic-only.
- Lash glue or special directions? Most packages come with a small vial of their Precision Lash Adhesive, some are glue-on, and some are “self-adhesive” (the adhesive strips already in place on the band of the lashes is water-resistant and latex-free). You can also buy the Precision Lash Adhesive separately.
- Price point: $4 – $6
- Overall selection: Not a lot to choose from here. Since they can be found in some drugstores, they might work in a pinch if you couldn’t find Ardell or Eylure. We are hopeful that they will offer more selection as time goes on and/or demand rises.
- Overall reviews: Again, since they are relatively new to the false eyelash market, there aren’t that many reviews to compare… but the ones we did find were very positive.
Dolly Wink – Launched by Japanese one-time teen model/pop star Tsubasa Masuwaka, Dolly Wink eyelashes were once only known to false lash insiders and fashion-conscious women of Europe and Asia. Thanks to the internet, though, Dolly Wink has gone world-wide, becoming a cult favorite as one of the best false eyelashes available.
- Types of lashes: With names like “Dolly Sweet,” “Sweet Girly,” “Natural Girly,” and “Sweet Cat,” Dolly Wink doesn’t really have types of lashes as much as they have different styles of one main type. There are approximately 20 different lashes, all either full strips or demi lashes, and all very natural looking, delicately spaced, layered, and of graduated lengths. They are strategically longer both horizontally and vertically, creating the appearance of longer, larger, doll-like eyes. Dolly Wink also sells natural-looking bottom lashes.
- Real or synthetic? While there are eyelash extensions branded as “Dolly Wink” available to salons, the eyelashes you can buy online (Amazon, Ebay, etc.) are made from synthetic hair.
- Lash glue or special directions? Thankfully, no special protocol here. Apply with regular eyelash glue, and remove either with lash remover or oil-free makeup remover.
- Price point: $17 – $30
- Overall selection: While what they do have is lovely, the overall selection is not broad in terms of either styles or types of lashes available.
- Overall reviews: We honestly could not find a blatantly negative review of the Dolly Wink products. Any slightly-lower-than-top-star ratings were mainly from consumers not practiced in false eyelash application.
And the winner is… For a wallet-friendly, readily-available, good-quality variety, our bet is with Ardell. We like that they use real hair in the majority of the lashes, and the price-point says that experimentation with different looks is definitely doable. Huge selection and availability also! They truly are the best false eyelashes for the buck!
You’ve probably heard people with brown eyes lament and long for any other eye color. You might even hear them say, “Brown eyes are boring.” Well, actually, they’re probably the most versatile color to play off and enhance eye makeup! People with brown eyes don’t just have one perfect eye makeup look…they have dozens! So, truly, when you figure out what enhances those brown eyes, the rest is pure fun!
- What hue are your brown eyes? – To find what makeup look works best, we’ve got to figure out what shade of brown eyes you have. A good rule of thumb is that whatever your shade of eye (deep, medium, light), your best colors are usually found on the same level of colors. For instance, deep brown eyes usually look best with darker shadows, and can withstand darker liner…and so on.
- What shape are your brown eyes? – For the purposes of eye shadow application techniques, you will need to do some research on the shape of your eyes. Are they small, large, protruding, almond, hooded, wide set, close set? Once you find the shape, you will find the application technique that best enhances them.
- Don’t skip the basics – What are the basics? Primer and under-eye concealer, to be precise. Before any eye makeup look, on any eye color, you need to make sure that there’s a clean canvas. Primer ensures your shadow and liner stays put (or else why put it on in the first place?), and concealer eliminates any darkness or unevenness that may distract from your lovely eyes.
- Find your best colors – Each brown eye hue has a corresponding set of optimal colors that will help create the perfect eye makeup look for you. Dark brown – forest greens, dark grays, deep plums. Medium brown – purples, greens, coppers. Light brown – neutrals, golds, vibrant greens.
- Liner – Depending on the shape and shade of your eyes, as well as the eye look you are aiming for, there are a plethora of eyeliner colors and techniques you can employ! Just remember to stick with the colors levels that correspond to your eye shade (for instance, the lighter your eye color, the more you will need to avoid black liner). And don’t be afraid to add color with the liner: a plum or vibrant purple, a navy or bright blue.
- When in doubt, go for smokey! – It’s hard to beat a smokey eye, no matter what your eye color. Brown eyed beauties like Keira Knightly, Natalie Portman, and Kim Kardashian all love to rock a smokey look. Following the guidelines from steps 1-4 above, you should be able to create a smokey eye that you can turn to time and time again.
- Brows are crucial – Nothing ruins a beautiful eye look faster than a messy brow. Detect your perfect eyebrow shape, trim and groom them, define the arch. If your eyebrows are naturally light, they may tend to wash out your look. So, invest in an eyebrow tinting kit. Darkening by even one or two shades will make a huge difference to for your perfect eye makeup look, and your whole face, in general.
- Mascara is a must – You can’t have a perfect eye look without mascara of some sort. If your lashes are naturally light, consider sticking to a dark brown mascara (instead of black). And even if you don’t think it will make a difference, curl your lashes first! What good is knowing how to curl your eyelashes, if you don’t take a moment to do it? It will open up the look of your eyes like you won’t believe!
- A finishing touch of highlighter – No eye makeup is complete without highlighter. Sweep a light shimmering cream or pink color under your brow and in your tear duct to finish your look.
So, you have brown eyes, do you? You’ve got the best of the best, kid. The only eye color with no contrasting or complimentary eye color on the color wheel, as a brown-eyed baby, you can practically wear any color! Your perfect eye makeup is pretty much all of them…so get out there and flaunt it!