Inspired by the sophistication and elegance of Hollywood, Aidan Mattox creates luxurious dresses for social occasion, red-carpet, celebrity events and prom. The Aidan Mattox Collection was launched in 2004 to rave reviews. The Collection includes extremely chic cocktail dresses as well as dramatic floor-length gowns, with alluring high fashion details in opulent jewel tones and stunning neutrals. The Collection is sexy, modern, and glamorous and has been embraced by celebrities such as Hayden Panettierre, Kiera Knightley, Leighton Meester, Paulina Porizhova, and Portia DeRossi. Aidan Mattox is one of the top performing dress collections in fine department stores and multi-brand stores including Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Bloomingdales and Nordstrom’s. The Collection is designed with rich fabrics, for women seeking a sexy, feminine, and eclectic aesthetic. The Collection is frequently featured in national publications including Vogue, Marie Claire, Elle, In Style, and Lucky Magazine. Aidan Mattox long-term plans include opening stores globally, establishing the brand as a worldwide presence offering women beautiful, innovative, high-quality dresses at contemporary price points.
In a world where luxury seems to be going away, Neiman Marcus is one of the few companies that still does luxury right – especially with brands like Aidan Mattox. Blending together great sales and high-end fashion, shopping at Neiman Marcus, even if it is just online, is an experience. You’ll have access to some of the highest end designers and with Aidan Mattox, there is nowhere else you’ll want to shop. Even better, you’ll find something for everyone – from a teenager to your mom to a newborn baby. They have one of the widest selections on the internet for Aidan Mattox and other well-known names. Of course, you can also expect some surprises.
Most importantly, Neiman Marcus sometimes gets exclusives from Aidan Mattox where you can’t find the item anywhere but either in a Neiman Marcus or online. You have to be quick, however.
The Hottest Deals for Aidan Mattox
Yes, that's right, we searched all over the web and found the hottest deals for Aidan Mattox
The first false lashes actually hit the silver screen in 1916, when legendary movie director, D.W. Griffith, gave a wig maker the directive to create lashes so long they would touch a starlet’s cheeks when she fluttered them or looked down. Human hair was carefully weaved through gauze and then stuck to the lid with a type of cosmetics gum.
We’ve certainly come a long way since then! Falsies are more popular than ever, put to daily use in the routines of many makeup mavens. But, thanks to the huge number of lash brands, styles, and types on the market, finding the best lashes can be challenging, even for the most practiced among us. If you manage to get your selection right, not only will the lashes look fabulous, but they should hold up through multiple wears (with the proper care). So, just to make your work easier, we’ve taken a closer look at some of the most popular brands in every price range.
Ardell – Ardell false eyelashes are readily available online and in most drugstores. The company began in 1971 and has grown to one of… if not the… biggest false eyelash brand in the world.
- Types of lashes: Natural, Glamour, Accent, Individuals (some semi-permanent styles), and Rhinestone (more exotic and daring styles, colors, accented with small rhinestones ).
- Real or synthetic? According to the Ardell site, “The majority of Ardell strip lashes are made from 100% sterilized human hair. Some strip lashes may be made with synthetic fiber similar to human hair due to intricacy of particular style and addition of rhinestones.”
- Lash glue or special directions? Some lashes may have a small vial of false eyelash glue Online they offer both clear (Lashgrip Strip Adhesive) and black glue (Lashtite Adhesive). While Ardell does offer Lashfree Remover, no special eyelash glue remover is necessary.
- Price point: $3 – $6
- Overall selection: Huge. Literally. You could wear a different lash almost every day of the year.
- Overall reviews: By far, some of the best false eyelashes you can find in a low price-point. Reviews were overwhelmingly positive everywhere we looked online. Some consumers complained that when buying the lashes online, the product they received did not match the picture. Other complaints dealt with application… but in our opinion, that’s really operator error, not a problem with the lashes themselves.
Eylure – Eylure lashes, also, are readily available both online and in your local drugstore. Founded by David and Eric Aylott, Eylure has been a trailblazer in false lashes since the 1940s. In the beginning, their products were mainly used on stage and screen, by the 1960s, the Eylure lashes hit the mainstream.
- Types of lashes: Natural, Lengthening, Texture, Volume, Definition, Exaggerate, Dramatic, Party, and Brown lashes.
- Real or synthetic? After a long, frustrating search online, we’ve decided that unless the product specifies “100% human hair,” that they are most likely a good quality synthetic.
- Lash glue or special directions? Some packages my include a small vial of eyelash glue, but they also have eyelash adhesive made especially for their strip lashes (Lashfix), clear and black eyelash glue (Superfix)… but any eyelash glue should work. Eylure also offers “Lift Off” eyelash remover, though any oil-free makeup remover should work as well.
- Price point: $4 – $10
- Overall selection: Aside from a massive range of styles, colors, textures, and effects, Eylure offers some “celebrity” styles, from such notables as Katy Perry and British favorites Cheryl Cole, Kimberley Walsh, and Nicola Roberts.
- Overall reviews: The majority of reviews we found online were very positive, however, there were some consumers who found mistakes with packaging (two visibly different lashes in the same package), and some had trouble maneuvering the thicker more voluminous lash varieties (complaints that the lashes were too stiff and would not bend).
Revlon –While Revlon the company began in 1930, marketing their unique nail polish and lipstick, the Revlon false eyelashes are a more recent addition to both the brand and to the contenders of the best false eyelashes battle.
- Types of lashes: Revlon Runway, Revlon Fantasy Lengths, Revlon Beyond Natural, Individual, and Volumizing.
- Real or synthetic? All of the lashes appear to be synthetic-only.
- Lash glue or special directions? Most packages come with a small vial of their Precision Lash Adhesive, some are glue-on, and some are “self-adhesive” (the adhesive strips already in place on the band of the lashes is water-resistant and latex-free). You can also buy the Precision Lash Adhesive separately.
- Price point: $4 – $6
- Overall selection: Not a lot to choose from here. Since they can be found in some drugstores, they might work in a pinch if you couldn’t find Ardell or Eylure. We are hopeful that they will offer more selection as time goes on and/or demand rises.
- Overall reviews: Again, since they are relatively new to the false eyelash market, there aren’t that many reviews to compare… but the ones we did find were very positive.
Dolly Wink – Launched by Japanese one-time teen model/pop star Tsubasa Masuwaka, Dolly Wink eyelashes were once only known to false lash insiders and fashion-conscious women of Europe and Asia. Thanks to the internet, though, Dolly Wink has gone world-wide, becoming a cult favorite as one of the best false eyelashes available.
- Types of lashes: With names like “Dolly Sweet,” “Sweet Girly,” “Natural Girly,” and “Sweet Cat,” Dolly Wink doesn’t really have types of lashes as much as they have different styles of one main type. There are approximately 20 different lashes, all either full strips or demi lashes, and all very natural looking, delicately spaced, layered, and of graduated lengths. They are strategically longer both horizontally and vertically, creating the appearance of longer, larger, doll-like eyes. Dolly Wink also sells natural-looking bottom lashes.
- Real or synthetic? While there are eyelash extensions branded as “Dolly Wink” available to salons, the eyelashes you can buy online (Amazon, Ebay, etc.) are made from synthetic hair.
- Lash glue or special directions? Thankfully, no special protocol here. Apply with regular eyelash glue, and remove either with lash remover or oil-free makeup remover.
- Price point: $17 – $30
- Overall selection: While what they do have is lovely, the overall selection is not broad in terms of either styles or types of lashes available.
- Overall reviews: We honestly could not find a blatantly negative review of the Dolly Wink products. Any slightly-lower-than-top-star ratings were mainly from consumers not practiced in false eyelash application.
And the winner is… For a wallet-friendly, readily-available, good-quality variety, our bet is with Ardell. We like that they use real hair in the majority of the lashes, and the price-point says that experimentation with different looks is definitely doable. Huge selection and availability also! They truly are the best false eyelashes for the buck!
You’ve been dreaming of it for years. Every last detail. The flowers, the colors, the dress. You know you definitely want makeup for smokey eyes. But then your heart slightly sinks: you have hooded eyes…and hooded eye makeup can be tricky. The last thing you want on your fairytale wedding day is anything “tricky.” Thankfully, with just a few helpful tips, your smokey eye wedding day makeup will be nothing short of spectacular, and “tricky” will be a distant memory!
- Pick your palette – Instead of trying to match your makeup colors to your flowers or bridesmaid dresses, you should be looking to compliment your eyes and natural coloring. For example, blue eyes are complimented best by browns and bronzes. Green eyes sparkle by adding grays and purples. And a fabulous smokey eye makeup for brown eyes might include a palette of navy blues, plums, or golds.
- Primer is a must – Not only will you want extra staying power for your wedding day, your eye makeup will also need it. Since some of your lid folds over on itself, that constant contact rubs off your products much faster than eyes that are not hooded. Product placement is crucial for your eye type, and we need makeup for smokey eyes that will go the distance. Coat your lid with primer, blend, and let dry.
- Conceal – Hooded eyes sometimes have a tendency to look tired, and you definitely don’t want to add to that effect by leaving bags or dark circles visible. Without concealer, both morning and evening makeup looks can equally reveal dark shadows under eyes. Using a peach-tone concealer, pat in a semi-circle under each eye and blend thoroughly.
- Shadow placement – Here’s where things could get “tricky”…but they won’t. Hooded eye makeup for smokey eyes requires that you apply a matte mid-tone shade on the lid. Take a darker shade and blend slightly above your natural crease. The darker shade on your “hood” will help to make it recede, while still adding the smokiness you desire. Bring the darker shade into the outer corner and along your upper lash line (creating a sideways V). Blend very
- Liner – Run a waterproof pencil liner all along your upper lash line and smudge. Do the same on your lower lash line. Then take the darkest shadow (the one you used to make the V), and go over your liner. Smudge and blend to really smoke it out! (The shadow will also help to set the liner).
- Mascara – You know you will be shedding some tears today! You also don’t want to add any irritation from the formulation of your mascara. That means you are going to want not only waterproof, but the best organic mascara you can find. Two or three coats should do it.
- Lashes add special glamour – If you don’t want to worry about your false lashes straying or lash glue giving out halfway through your day, you might want to consider eyelash extensions. And if you’re looking at lash extensions, for something as special as your wedding, we’re talkin’ mink. Mink eyelash extensions are the best you can buy, made from real mink hair, which closely resembles your own lashes. They last 2-3 months!
- Highlight – All eyes are going to be on you today. Be sure that you glow in all the right places…and that includes your eyes! Adding a thin line of pearlescent or iridescent shimmer under your brow and in your tear duct will lighten and brighten your whole eye area. Talk about amazing eye makeup!
- Groom those brows! – Well-groomed brows give your wedding day makeup the perfect polish. They frame your face, and they can really make your smokey eye makeup pop. Consider investing in an eyebrow shaping kit to fully define and make the most of your arch.
- Setting gives staying power – From the moment you wake up that morning, to the moment the last guest leaves that night, your makeup will need to look as flawless as possible. Try to use only waterproof or long-wear products. Be sure to dust your final face with a translucent powder. There are also several makeup “setting” sprays that can be misted on after all your makeup has been applied, as a little extra insurance.
It’s the day you’ve been waiting for all your life. Now you can go into it with one less thing to worry about. No one will see your hooded eyes…they will only see you…as a lovely bride… looking perfect from “Here Comes the Bride” to “Happily Ever After.”
Sure, every once in a while, a good va-va-va-voom makeup look is great, but who doesn’t want to look pretty every day? If you’ve got brown eyes, then we just so happen to have some great tips for achieving a beautiful natural look that’s perfect for every day!
- Cleansers – No makeup look can begin without a clean face. Even if you cleanse your face of makeup the night before, it’s always good to use a gentle, mild cleanser every morning before you apply makeup again. Great options: Juice Beauty Organic Face Wash and Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser.
- Eyebrows – If you aren’t paying attention to your eyebrows, you are missing one of the most crucial parts of any natural makeup for brown eyes look…or any look, for that matter! Brows should be groomed with a well-defined arch. Invest in a good eyebrow shaping kit. Great options: Benefit Cosmetics Brow Zings, Nyx Eyebrow Gel, and Anastasia Beverly Hills Five Item Brow Kit.
- Shadows – Using natural makeup for brown eyes, your shadow color choices can make or break the look. Know which colors work best in your shade. For example, perfect colors in makeup for dark brown eyes would include bronze for a natural tone, or a bright sapphire blue for a pop of color. Medium brown eyes should look for subtle or bright plums and purples. And light brown eyes, opt for shimmery taupe or a lively teal, or even fuchsia!
- Liner – Depending on the shape of your eye, you can find dozens of tutorials and how-to videos online outlining the proper eye makeup techniques that will help make them look their best. But if you are aiming for both a natural look and a natural product, you can find both in every price range. Great options: Any of the Almay liners, liquid and pencil, Physician’s Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum, Bare Minerals Round the Clock Waterproof Liner, and NVEY Eco Organic Cake Liner.
- Mascara – When looking for natural makeup for brown eyes in mascara, it’s best to search for paraben free cosmetics and organic formulations whenever possible. One of the best organic mascara products on the market, which also happens to be one of the most readily available is the Physician’s Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Mascara, and at a budget-friendly price of around $10, you can’t beat it.
- Lashes – Don’t think that because you want a more natural look, using more natural products, that you can’t add some glamour with natural looking false eyelashes! You can find human hair lashes, as well as natural mink eyelashes in several beauty stores and online. Whether you opt for partial lashes, individual lashes, or the flair from full lash strips, you can go subtle, go over-the-top, and everything in between! Great options: Ardell Fashion Lashes, and Eylure Naturalites Eyelashes.
See? With just a little forethought and specific shopping, you can find your best natural makeup look for brown eyes!