THE ROW was established in 2006 by Ashley Olsen and Mary-Kate Olsen. Since its launch, the brand has expanded to include a range of ready-to-wear, eyewear, and handbags. THE ROW reflects a sense of relaxed and timeless elegance, focusing on fine fabrics and the perfect fit. In 2012, The Council of Fashion Designers of America named Ashley and Mary-Kate as Womenswear Designers of The Year. Part of THE ROW’s mission is to support high-end fashion manufacturing in the US.
The Hottest Deals for The Row
Yes, that's right, we searched all over the web and found the hottest deals for The Row
What is it about Winter weather that makes us just want to get out and enjoy nature? Sure, in the Summer, you can get out and enjoy nature just the same, but as the temperatures rise, you can only remove so many articles of clothing before….well…you get arrested. But in the Winter, you can bundle up and really make the most of the world around you! No matter what you fancy… hiking, camping, or even just enjoying a festive campfire with friends…we’ve got the gear you’re going to need to keep warm and keep going!
- Base layers – Why are base layers so important? Why can’t you just throw on a thick jacket and be done with it? Well, not only do base layers make it easier for you to adjust your body temp as you go, but they can keep you warm without letting you get overheated when enjoying activities outdoors. True base layers (long-sleeved tops and bottoms with fitted ankles) are worn close to the skin and are form-fitting (but not overly tight), made from polyester, wool, synthetics, or a combination of all three, but not Cotton will retain moisture and but will not retain much-needed heat.
- Insulating layers – Worn over base layers, insulating layers should still be made of the same materials – wool, polyester, and synthetics – but are a bit thicker (not so thick you can’t comfortably move though). In more moderate climates, you might be able to skip insulating layers and simply double-up on base layers. This layer will be the one that you layer on and off as your temperature, and that of the outdoors, fluctuates. That means your insulating layer is best comprised of pieces with zippers and/or buttons (like these) for ease of use.
- Weatherproof layers – Your outermost layers will be windproof, waterproof, and breathable. On top, that means you’re looking for a good hard-shell jacket, with plenty of zippers for extra ventilation. Regular jeans or pants will work over your base layer, but in colder climates, you should add a pair of weatherproof or weather-resistant pants. Not only will they keep your pants and under-layer dry, but they help to cut the chill of the wind.
- Hats/gloves –In cold weather, your body first loses heat through your extremities. That means hats and gloves are definitely in order! Again, try to look for fabrics like wool, polyester, or synthetics, since they will hold the heat better than cotton. Hats and gloves should fit snugly …and fleece-lining never hurts. And, in this day and age, look for gloves with smart touch fingertips, so you won’t have to constantly be taking them on and off to use your phone.
- Boots/shoes – Footwear should be waterproof, with thick soles, and have a fit with a bit of room. The extra room not only helps with accommodating the thicker socks (hopefully wool) you’ll be wearing, but it will allow for warm air to circulate and keep those toes warm.
Finally, add a hard-shell, insulated or lined jacket, one designed to take the elements, and you’re set. If you layer-up properly, and choose the right fabrics and fits, your Winter time wanderings are sure to be toasty, warm, and wonderful!
You’d like to think of yourself as pretty hip, sometimes adventurous, and you definitely know a thing or two about makeup. So when you get invited to a party, you immediately think of all the wonderful, slightly daring, party eye makeup looks you want to try…but when the night comes, you settle for the safe-but-pretty brown smokey eye and marginally-brighter-than-you-normally-wear red lip. Well, we say no more! No more playing it safe! It’s a party…you should have party eye makeup to match!
- Glitter girl – The easiest, fastest, and most fun way to get the party look you’re after is to go for glitter! Party eye makeup is glitter eye makeup. And glitter eye makeup needs a good lid/shadow primer first (best picks: Urban Decay Primer Potion and Too Faced Glitter Glue). Apply to lid and allow to dry before patting on glitter shadow (pat…don’t sweep! It will go everywhere). There are many powder shadows with anywhere from a little to a lot of glitter, but if you want to pack a true punch, check out a glitter pigment (MAC has several amazing shades).
- Metallics – Metallic eyeshadow brings a lovely and highly reflective shimmer to the eye area. Here, too, a good primer is recommended before use, since this party is going to put your new party eye makeup through its paces. Metallic shadow can also be used along with matte shadows to create a sultry and edgy smokey eye.
- Big lashes – Another winning way to make a big statement is with big lashes! You can flaunt your own by first curling with your trusty ELF eyelash curler, applying lash primer, and then two coats of the best thickening mascara you can find (Dior Show or Maybelline The Falsies are both awesome for adding volume and length). Of course you can opt for false lashes too! There are literally hundreds on the market to choose from (some of the best picks for quality and cost are Eylure, Ardell, and Dolly Wink). Many are natural hair or mink eyelashes, and are reusable. All it takes to create a look is eyelash glue, and a little imagination!
- Liquid eye liners – The choices of liquid eyeliners and liquid eyeliner styles today can help create incredible and fun eye looks. And liquid liners aren’t just black and brown…there are bold and vivid brights, sparkling jewel tones, mega metallics, and even glitter! Line just the top lashes for a flirty pop, or line the entire eye for an exotic wow!
There are so many eye makeup options, you can’t help but step out of your comfort zone in the most beautiful and daring way. Remember, you’re going to a party or event… your makeup is not supposed to look like you’re just heading out to the grocery store or a regular ol’ day at the office. With a little courage, your look will no doubt win rave reviews from your friends…but, more importantly, your new party eye makeup will make you smile and give yourself a silent pat on the back every time you pass a mirror.
Holiday season = party season! With the holidays upon us, you’ll no doubt be planning your outfits for more than one festive get-together. Hair, shoes, jewelery, makeup…all planned. But you best not forget the most important piece…the shapeware! Before there was Spanx, there were girdles, but shapewear has evolved well past both now! So we’ve got 5 of your must-have pieces for the holidays, and beyond, right here!
Before we get to the list, there are some important things to know about picking out shapewear:
- Stay with your size – Don’t think, “Well, I wear a large in everything else, so I’ll go with a medium in shapewear to really suck things in!” Nope. It doesn’t work like that. A smaller size won’t make you look smaller. Shapewear cannot make extra pounds disappear. As much as we might like it to be magic, it’s still governed by science. Choosing a smaller size will only relocate that fat to other, even less flattering places. So stick with your size, and let the shapewear do the rest!
- Know the difference between medium and strong construction – If your shapewear doesn’t have a “performance level,” look at the label. The higher then nylon/Lycra content, the more dramatically it can change your shape. Just keep in mind the above rule…shapewear can smooth out bulges, but it does not “disappear” extra pounds.
- High waist=smooth lines – There is nothing worse (or more uncomfortable) than the waistband of a girdle cutting into you or rolling down. That’s why you should be looking for pieces with higher waists. They will ensure a smooth, curvy waist. Some pieces are even designed to hook to your bra to ensure the waist won’t roll down!
5 key pieces of shapewear every woman needs:
- Wear-Your-Own-Bra Torsette tank – This amazing little tank can smooth out your waist, tummy, and back while allowing your bra to keep your boobs full and shapely, not flattened and smooshed. The hem of it can also be used as a layering piece, as you would any other tank top.
- WYOB Singlet – This is the piece you will want if you’re wearing a body-con dress or pants. As with the above, it will allow your bra to do its job while keeping your entire mid torso, from your waist to your thighs, seamlessly smooth and toned looking.
- High-waisted Shaping Mid-Thigh – Perfect for under dress pants or a longer skirt. The high waist will keep your torso smooth, while the longer line keeps your butt/thighs toned and looking cellulite-free.
- Half-slip with Built-in Panties – This is such a versatile and perfect piece! Worn under any body-con skirt or dress, the built-in panties help keep it in place, and your tummy, thighs, and butt looking fab.
- Waist-Cincher – If you’re looking for a little extra oompfh in the “hourglass” department, this piece of shapewear is a must-have. Yes, its more restrictive version has recently been made famous by Kim Kardashian, getting the credit for “waist training” her figure back into shape after childbirth…but this version is much more wearable. The hook-and-eye closures and strong “boning” will nip you in, in just the perfect spot for creating an hourglass look to go gaga for!