THE ROW was established in 2006 by Ashley Olsen and Mary-Kate Olsen. Since its launch, the brand has expanded to include a range of ready-to-wear, eyewear, and handbags. THE ROW reflects a sense of relaxed and timeless elegance, focusing on fine fabrics and the perfect fit. In 2012, The Council of Fashion Designers of America named Ashley and Mary-Kate as Womenswear Designers of The Year. Part of THE ROW’s mission is to support high-end fashion manufacturing in the US.
The Hottest Deals for The Row
Yes, that's right, we searched all over the web and found the hottest deals for The Row
A girl might think that the most important article of clothing she could wear is a fancy shirt, or a pricey pair of jeans, or even a killer pair of shoes. But a woman will tell you that the most important article of clothing in your wardrobe is unequivocally a really well-fitting bra. In fact, wearing the wrong bra can actually make you look fat! But worry no more…we’re here to explain how the wrong bra can be effecting you, and what you can do to fix it.
How does your bra make you look fat?
- Your boobs are hiding your waist – When your bra is ill-fitting or sagging, your boobs will sag. Since the smallest part of your torso is the area just below your chest and just above your bellybutton, how is anyone supposed to see it with your boobs hanging in the way?
- Your too–small bra is creating the appearance of extra fat rolls – A bra that is too small around the band will dig into your back. No matter how skinny you are, trust us, that too-small band will create fat rolls on either side of it. And if your cups are too small, your boobs will be pushed out above, below, and out the sides, again creating rolls of fat.
- Your bra is causing your clothes look too tight – You know how frustrating it is to try on a shirt, only to face the mirror and see gaps and gaping? You try on a larger size, only to face the mirror and now see the shirt looking sloppy on you. 9 times out of 10, it’s not the shirt…it’s the bra.
So how can you fix the bra conundrum?
- STOP…FIXATING…ON…SIZE – So what if you wore a perfect 34C in high school. Does the rest of you still look the same as you did in high school? So why would you think your bra size would still be a perfect 34C? The main reason why women wear the wrong bra size is because they have a stigma in their head about going up a size or two. Stop thinking in terms of a “bra size” and start thinking in terms of “a bra that fits, size-schmize”!
- Get properly sized – You might be thinking…”I can’t afford to get sized.” But guess what? You’re wrong. Many lingerie departments in department stores have trained their sales people to size bras properly. You can also get free sizing in some stores, like Victoria’s Secret. So be sure to ask to be sized when out bra shopping! It’s one of the most important factors in looking better in your clothes!
- Take a deep breath, and make the investment – Aside from the size-stigma, the second biggest reason why women cling to their life-long bra mistakes is that they don’t want to spend the money for a really good, really well-fitting bra. Stop thinking your bra is unimportant just because it’s unseen! Again, this is where you need to shift your priorities. Your bra needs to be on par with your outerwear, or with any other purchase in fact, clothing or not, in terms of you forking out money. A good bra fits and holds up better because it is a better made bra. It is an investment. One you will never regret!
Ever since we all started using our phones as clocks, we have gotten away from wearing watches, which are really great pieces of jewelry that can last a lifetime. However, there are signs that fashion is shifting back toward using watches as focal points of outfits. Here are a few pieces to start building your collection before everyone else does:
A classic watch is something that will never go out of style. These are the watches that have metallic accents, neutral colors, and can basically work with any outfit, from a pair of jeans and a t-shirt to a business suit.
If you are going to invest in a watch of this kind, ensure that it comes with a sturdy band for daily wear.
Watches you wear the to grocery store or to the movies are different than watches you’d wear elsewhere. They are made to be worn and roughed up a little bit. That doesn’t mean that they have to lack style, however. Instead, go with a unique wrap-around watch or something that has a gimmicky finish to it. That will help you to dress down any outfit but still have the feeling and appearance of a great watch.
In general, we tend to overlook gold jewelry and watches because we don’t always wear it. So much of fashion today caters to silver jewelry. However, a gold watch is a classic that is never going to go out of style. Just having one around is important, whether you have no other gold jewelry or you do.
Go for a gold in a shade that you like – if you don’t like yellow gold, go for something lighter or a beautiful rose gold color.
There are a few designers out there who make some of the funkiest, funniest watches to wear. These have bright colors, interesting dial options, and even bright bands. These aren’t going to be the watches that you wear on a daily basis, but rather the ones that will give you a little bit of a laugh when you need one.
Let’s be honest, we all dream about owning a Rolex or some watch adorned in diamonds. For most of us, that isn’t quite a reality just yet. However, you can get the next best thing by finding a watch that is decked out with some rhinestones or some glitter. You won’t get quite the same look, but they can be fun to wear when you want to have a little extra glamor.
Something For Play
Do you exercise a lot? Go on runs or go kayaking? You likely will want a watch for those activities (especially if you don’t want to get your phone wet) but don’t have one that you want to beat up. Investing in a great sports watch is the perfect way to motivate yourself to get out there and get moving.
A great watch is a piece that you can hold onto forever and even pass to your children. However, having one watch is never going to be enough for all that life throws at you. These are just a few of the watches you will need to have a truly complete collection.
You’re seeing it everywhere right now. The dark lip trend is in magazines, on the runways, even strutting up and down the city streets and sipping at the local coffee shop. You might be thinking, “That trend isn’t for me. I’ll never be able to pull that look off.” But guess what? You soooo can! And here’s how…
- Pick the right shade – Rest assured, there is a lush, dark hue for each and every skin tone out there. If you have fair to medium tone skin, try versions of purple-based merlot colors. For those with medium to olive skin tones, try hues of burgundy with a more terra cotta base. Deep tone skin can really push the boundaries of deep and dark, so try a merlot with a bit of black or brown.
- Exfoliate, Exfoliate, Exfoliate – You’ll hear this tip in almost every lip color guide…because it honestly makes a huge difference to how color glides on and looks. If your lips are dry, cracked, and flaky, any lip color will get stuck in the cracks and crevices…but a dark lip color will look positively atrocious. Scrub gently with a product like Fresh Sugar Lip Polish, or Bliss Fabulips. You can also use something simple like olive oil and sugar. Then wipe with a warm, damp cloth and follow with a non-waxy moisturizer.
- Check your upper lip – You may not think it will make a difference, but trust us, it will. Wearing a dark lip color will draw attention to…yep, you guessed it…your lips. Not only can the dark color get snagged on the tiny hairs, but the hairs can also cast a shadow on that upper lip. Both of which will draw the wrong type of attention. And bleaching the hair won’t work. So, go the distance and remove the hair completely.
- Let your skin glow – Dark lips will tend to highlight any blotchiness or imperfections in the skin, so even it up and make it glow as much as possible. That means scrubbing and exfoliating your face, removing any little patches of dry skin, then applying a skin brightening BB or CC cream, which will also help to even things up and get you glowing. After all, you want a clean, even canvas for those bold lips!
- Even the base – Everyone’s lips have some sort of natural hue, and sometimes, that hue can throw off a perfectly wonderful deep Winter lip color. So after applying foundation, dab on a bit to your lips and blend. You’re not looking to completely white-out your own hue, you just want to tone it down a bit so that the lip color reads true when you apply it.
- Strategically line – Lining when applying a dark lip color can be tricky. If you make a mistake, it will be very The best way to line a dark lip is to start with a nude color. Line just outside your natural lip line and blend away from your lip. The will not only help to keep the lip color from running, it will also make the color itself pop. Next, apply a liner in a similar shade to your lip color to just the area of your cupid’s bow and the middle portion of your bottom lip. Next, apply the lip color with a lip brush, to give you more control over color placement.
And there you go! Perfectly luscious, perfectly beautiful deep, dark lips for the Winter season.