THE ROW was established in 2006 by Ashley Olsen and Mary-Kate Olsen. Since its launch, the brand has expanded to include a range of ready-to-wear, eyewear, and handbags. THE ROW reflects a sense of relaxed and timeless elegance, focusing on fine fabrics and the perfect fit. In 2012, The Council of Fashion Designers of America named Ashley and Mary-Kate as Womenswear Designers of The Year. Part of THE ROW’s mission is to support high-end fashion manufacturing in the US.
SHOP NOW THE ROW at NET A PORTER
The Hottest Deals for The Row
Yes, that's right, we searched all over the web and found the hottest deals for The Row
Let’s continue our exploration of the best and brightest of makeup and beauty’s all-time faves. These are the products that have been propelled into the must-have Hall of Fame, not only due to their overwhelming popularity, but for their constant high-quality performance. To get on this list, it’s not enough for a product to have a season of “gotta have it.” Nope. To be named here, a product must go the distance, over and over, to prove its worth. Maybe they came onto the market last year…or last decade…but they all have earned their spots on this list, as well as in our hearts!
- Butter London Nail Foundation – Over the past few years, we’ve come to know and love the bold colors with the cheeky British names. They all really hold their vibrancy, and wear so well. But one of the most unassuming looking Butter London products is also one of the most amazing! The Butter London Nail Foundation works behind the scenes to flawlessly smooth out any ridges and bumps so your finished product has a perfect satin finish.
- Bare Escentuals Powder Foundation – When this foundation first came on the market, no one quite knew what to make of it. A powder foundation… with medium coverage… that was actually good for your skin? What is this magic?! But Bare Essentuals has proven itself year after year, garnering more devotees by the day. No caking. No creasing. No breakouts. No oil. Perfection. Swirl, tap, and buff!
- The Original Beautyblender – It looked like a gimmick at first. And it’s certainly had dozens of copy-cat products claiming to work as well. But there really is only one Beautyblender. The pointy end gets in all those tight spots next to your nose and around your eyes, while the rounded end smooths out all the other spots. The tap-and-rock method, thanks to the sponge’s unique consistency, really helps to get that foundation and concealer blended flawlessly. Airbrush perfect.
- L’Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream – Yes, it’s French, and that does secretly make us feel extra fancy when using it. But that alone wouldn’t get the L’Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream on this list. The lush 20% shea butter formula absorbs quickly and completely, and the smell is divine! Our purse would feel empty without it (and our hands would definitely be cracked and dry)!
- Ole Henriksen Truth Serum – For years, beauty science has been trumpeting the effectiveness of Vitamin C in increasing cell turnover and eliminating dark spots and acne scars. But the real genius of the Ole Henriksen Truth Serum is the smooth, fast absorbing gel. Your skin feels instantly moisturized, while under the surface, that Vitamin C is hard at work making you even more beautiful!
When the buzz about the uses and benefits of coconut oil first started up, lots of people just assumed it was either hype, or a bunch of nonsense from the “all-natural” advocates out there. Well, as it turns out, it’s neither. You can use it for everything from healthy cooking, to flavoring smoothies and coffee, to cleaning and conditioning wood! Coconut oil and what it can do really is remarkable. And in terms of its beauty uses? The possibilities are almost endless!
What to look for when buying coconut oil?
Once you decide to give this little miracle oil a try, you might be overwhelmed with your choices. To insure you’re using the best product for your skin, look for unrefined organic coconut oil. And also, you will want to get a large container of it, trust us. Not only will you be able to find more uses for it every day, but you’ll find that a little goes a long way.
So what are some of the ways coconut oil can be incorporated into your beauty routine?
- Body lotion – This one is probably the first use you’d suspect for using coconut oil as a beauty implement. Why not just use a regular store-bought lotion? Many, if not most, of them are petroleum or water-based. Coconut oil, on the other hand, is all natural and can moisturize your skin more effectively without any additives.
- Shaving cream – Constantly suffer from those tiny red bumps after shaving? Skin too sensitive to use with many shaving creams and lotions? Try coconut oil! Use it as you would any other shaving product. Wet the area, smooth on the oil, and shave. Your skin will be unbelievably soft and supple afterwards.
- Face mask – Coconut oil is naturally antiseptic, with many antifungal and antibacterial properties. It’s also antioxidant rich, which works wonders for your skin. There loads of great face mask recipes online, all using coconut oil as the base. You are sure to find one or more that will address your skin concerns and skin type beautifully!
- Makeup remover – Many makeup removers use oils to breakdown the heavy-duty mascaras, shadows, and liners we use these days…but not all the oils they use are good for your skin. Coconut oil, though, being all natural, will remove all your eye makeup completely while not aggravating your skin. Simply apply a bit to a cotton pad, remove your eye makeup, and rinse the area clean of any remaining oil. Remove the rest of your makeup as usual.
- Makeup brush cleaner – You know that you risk a serious bacteria build-up by not cleaning your makeup brushes at least once a month. The good news is that by combining a little antibacterial soap with a little coconut oil, you can not only get your brushes clean and free from bacteria, but for those brushes made from natural hair, the oils will help to condition the bristles.
We often focus a lot on what to wear and our accessories often find themselves second in the grand scheme of things when we are deciding on an outfit for a night out. It is my honest belief that you can accessorize a simple outfit and make it go from ok to wow with just a few simple statement pieces, so read below for a few simple pieces to help change your outfit from plain to amazing in just a few simple steps.
A great statement necklace
If you have selected a simple, block color outfit such as a plain black jumpsuit or a black top with a pair of black skinny jeans or trousers, a big, bright and bold statement necklace can really pull together and set off your entire outfit. If you feel comfortable select a large, chunky necklace, in block colors to add a bit of color and style to a plain outfit.
A dazzling clutch purse
If you are heading out for the evening you might want to style a simple outfit with a clutch purse. You will find a brightly colored clutch will help to either brighten up a simple outfit or keep a busy outfit looking stylish, elegant and unfussy.
Simple, yet elegant heeled shoes
Shoes are one of the most pivotal parts of any outfit and if you are looking for an elegant look a simple pair of strappy sandals really can help to bring your overall look together. If the weather does not really allow for sandals, which is especially true in many places throughout the winter, then a simple pair of court shoes or heeled boots while work just as well.
A pair of statement earrings
Earrings are a simple addition to your outfit and you can go two ways with them. If you are looking to go simple with your accessories because you have a bit more of a bright or fussy outfit, a simple pair of studs can help to make any outfit look classy. If you feel like your outfit needs more color you can consider a colourful pair of statement earrings.
Do not dismiss hair accessories
If you have longer hair you might want to consider some accessories for your hair. If you have your hair loose around your shoulders you might want to add a simple or sparkling headband. If you are attending a formal event, such as a wedding, a fascinator works well instead of committing to a full on wedding hat. Other hair options include clip in florals or a nice simple hair clip to keep your hair off of your face.