J. Mendel, a five-generation French atelier has evolved into a global luxury fashion house. Continuing in the couture tradition and fur savoir-faire of his ancestors, designer Gilles Mendel is known for combining the highest quality materials and impeccable craftsmanship with a modern, award-winning design sensibility. Based in New York since the 1980s, J. Mendel’s signature luxe-femininity and effortless elegance has become a red-carpet favorite among international royalty and Hollywood stars alike.
In a world where luxury seems to be going away, Neiman Marcus is one of the few companies that still does luxury right – especially with brands like J. Mendel. Blending together great sales and high-end fashion, shopping at Neiman Marcus, even if it is just online, is an experience. You’ll have access to some of the highest end designers and with J. Mendel, there is nowhere else you’ll want to shop. Even better, you’ll find something for everyone – from a teenager to your mom to a newborn baby. They have one of the widest selections on the internet for J. Mendel and other well-known names. Of course, you can also expect some surprises.
Most importantly, Neiman Marcus sometimes gets exclusives from J. Mendel where you can’t find the item anywhere but either in a Neiman Marcus or online. You have to be quick, however.
The Hottest Deals for J. Mendel
Yes, that's right, we searched all over the web and found the hottest deals for J. Mendel
Every year, dozens of “new and amazing” beauty and makeup products are introduced onto the market. And every year, more than half of them fall by the weigh-side and are forgotten in months. Depending on the money behind the launch campaigns, they may have made you believe you absolutely, positively, could not live without forking over your hard-earned money to snap up their latest and greatest product…but that doesn’t mean you’ve ever bought the product again. Thankfully though, there are many products out there worthy of purchase, over and over. These are the classics. The “Holy Grail” makeup must-haves. Maybe your Mom introduced you to a few of them. Maybe you will introduce a few to young girls in your life. Either way, we found 20 true keepers…and here are the first 5!
- CND Stickey Base Coat – Those of us who constantly have to wage the war of peeling and chipping nail polish have experimented with every way possible to keep that polish on longer. Every base coat claims to help get the job done, but only one has ever really done so. This one. The tint might not be perfect for nude and sheer colors, but for every other color, it’s a definite go-to.
- Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque – Perhaps you remember this from your Mom’s (or even your Grandma’s) bathroom cabinet? Yep, it’s been around that long. Not only is it one of the most inexpensive beauty products you could hope for, but the mint and clay help to squash oil, nix shine, and clear out pores beautifully. Best yet, your skin won’t feel overly dry afterwards.
- Crest Whitestrips – Thanks to these little miracle strips, we’ve long said goodbye to harsh and messy bleach trays, as well as super-expensive dentist whitening visits. White teeth and a smile are always your two best ways to make a lovely statement every time you walk in the room. In just 30 minutes, your pearly whites will be even whiter. Perfect.
- LORAC ‘Front of the Line PRO’ Liquid Eye Liner – It’s ok to admit it if you’re not great with applying liquid eyeliner. It takes a skilled hand and lots of practice. That’s why this product made the must-have list. Since its introduction, it’s made those classy cat eyes and winged flicks flawless for us…the perfect blend of liquid liner and controlled applicator (bye-bye thin little brush).
- Maybelline Great Lash Mascara – The green and pink bottle is downright iconic! It’s inexpensive, found in every drugstore, and gives you long, defined lashes every time. If you are partial to more voluminous lashes, you can even use this mascara in a classic runway trick: Apply one coat of mascara, then using a Q-tip or a clean mascara wand, dredge each side of the lashes with a light coating of baby powder, then apply a second coat of mascara…and voilà!
Stay tuned for more from our list of 20 Beauty and Makeup Must-Haves!
Just as a painter requires different brushes of all sizes and shapes to create a masterpiece, so too will the right choice in eye makeup brushes make your face shine like the work of art it is! There’s no need to break the bank buying fancy brushes, though (and trust us, you could easily break the bank with some makeup brushes on the market today)… we’ve got a list of your absolute ש-have eye makeup brushes right here!
- All-Over Shadow Brush (similar to a MAC 239, SEPHORA COLLECTION Pro Allover Shadow Brush #12 ) – This will be your eye makeup brush workhorse (and it was probably the first real brush many of us bought when learning how to do eye make up). A great all-around brush, the flattened head, dense bristles, and medium length head works well for the general goal of applying eye shadow. Pressed eye shadow, pigment eyeshadow, baked eyeshadow… this brush can handle it.
- Blending Brush (similar to a MAC 217) – This is one of those eye makeup brushes that will save almost any heavy-handed eye makeup application. Fluffy, soft, long bristles can gently diffuse any dark or harsh lines, and blend even the most contrasting shades seamlessly. Best used through the crease and into the outer v.
- Eyeliner Brush (similar to MAC 219 Pencil Brush, MAKE UP FOR EVER 258 Large Precision Eyeliner Brush) – The fine, pointed tip is perfect for applying cream or gel liner, or precisely applying shadow either on top of, or in lieu of, gel liner.
- Stiff Dome Brush (similar to SEPHORA COLLECTION Classic Crease Shadow Brush #73, SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Tapered Crease #19) – Useful in any number of eyeshadow application techniques, this is also known as a crease brush. The bristles are longer and stiffer than a regular shadow brush, which creates a nice crisp area of definition with shadow through the crease. You can also easily work it into the outer v to really elongate the shape of the eye. (Another contender for the best crease brush is the SEPHORA COLLECTION Pro Angled Shadow Brush #13… the angle of the bristles fits so nicely in the crease area!)
- Short Angled Brush (similar to a MAC 266) – Not only is this brush great for applying gel and shadow liner, it is a must-have for filling in and defining eyebrows! And if you need to go in and fill any bare patches missing liner after adding falsies over liner, you can dip the point of the brush into some gel or liquid, then dab the bare spots. (This is one of those fake eyelashes tips you probably won’t remember until you have it happen to you).
- Short Smudge Brush (similar to a MAC 214) – One of our favorite eye makeup brushes…ever! This brush has short, stiff, rounded bristles and it’s perfect for smoking out a lash line. It also works wonders to smudge out pencil liner, providing that smoldering look you long for with dark eye makeup or a smokey eye.
And there you have it! The most comprehensive list of must-have eye makeup brushes for any woman’s beauty arsenal. If you add a foundation brush, a powder brush, a blush brush, and a concealer brush, you will have a great basic set of tools capable of creating any makeup look you can imagine! Now go make your masterpiece!
You’d like to think of yourself as pretty hip, sometimes adventurous, and you definitely know a thing or two about makeup. So when you get invited to a party, you immediately think of all the wonderful, slightly daring, party eye makeup looks you want to try…but when the night comes, you settle for the safe-but-pretty brown smokey eye and marginally-brighter-than-you-normally-wear red lip. Well, we say no more! No more playing it safe! It’s a party…you should have party eye makeup to match!
- Glitter girl – The easiest, fastest, and most fun way to get the party look you’re after is to go for glitter! Party eye makeup is glitter eye makeup. And glitter eye makeup needs a good lid/shadow primer first (best picks: Urban Decay Primer Potion and Too Faced Glitter Glue). Apply to lid and allow to dry before patting on glitter shadow (pat…don’t sweep! It will go everywhere). There are many powder shadows with anywhere from a little to a lot of glitter, but if you want to pack a true punch, check out a glitter pigment (MAC has several amazing shades).
- Metallics – Metallic eyeshadow brings a lovely and highly reflective shimmer to the eye area. Here, too, a good primer is recommended before use, since this party is going to put your new party eye makeup through its paces. Metallic shadow can also be used along with matte shadows to create a sultry and edgy smokey eye.
- Big lashes – Another winning way to make a big statement is with big lashes! You can flaunt your own by first curling with your trusty ELF eyelash curler, applying lash primer, and then two coats of the best thickening mascara you can find (Dior Show or Maybelline The Falsies are both awesome for adding volume and length). Of course you can opt for false lashes too! There are literally hundreds on the market to choose from (some of the best picks for quality and cost are Eylure, Ardell, and Dolly Wink). Many are natural hair or mink eyelashes, and are reusable. All it takes to create a look is eyelash glue, and a little imagination!
- Liquid eye liners – The choices of liquid eyeliners and liquid eyeliner styles today can help create incredible and fun eye looks. And liquid liners aren’t just black and brown…there are bold and vivid brights, sparkling jewel tones, mega metallics, and even glitter! Line just the top lashes for a flirty pop, or line the entire eye for an exotic wow!
There are so many eye makeup options, you can’t help but step out of your comfort zone in the most beautiful and daring way. Remember, you’re going to a party or event… your makeup is not supposed to look like you’re just heading out to the grocery store or a regular ol’ day at the office. With a little courage, your look will no doubt win rave reviews from your friends…but, more importantly, your new party eye makeup will make you smile and give yourself a silent pat on the back every time you pass a mirror.