J. Mendel, a five-generation French atelier has evolved into a global luxury fashion house. Continuing in the couture tradition and fur savoir-faire of his ancestors, designer Gilles Mendel is known for combining the highest quality materials and impeccable craftsmanship with a modern, award-winning design sensibility. Based in New York since the 1980s, J. Mendel’s signature luxe-femininity and effortless elegance has become a red-carpet favorite among international royalty and Hollywood stars alike.
In a world where luxury seems to be going away, Neiman Marcus is one of the few companies that still does luxury right – especially with brands like J. Mendel. Blending together great sales and high-end fashion, shopping at Neiman Marcus, even if it is just online, is an experience. You’ll have access to some of the highest end designers and with J. Mendel, there is nowhere else you’ll want to shop. Even better, you’ll find something for everyone – from a teenager to your mom to a newborn baby. They have one of the widest selections on the internet for J. Mendel and other well-known names. Of course, you can also expect some surprises.
Most importantly, Neiman Marcus sometimes gets exclusives from J. Mendel where you can’t find the item anywhere but either in a Neiman Marcus or online. You have to be quick, however.
The Hottest Deals for J. Mendel
Yes, that's right, we searched all over the web and found the hottest deals for J. Mendel
It’s easy to spend lots of money on every bag trend that comes along, trust us. But no one can possibly afford keeping up with that game. The truth is, with just 7 bags (more or less), you can be completely prepared…and completely fabulous… no matter what the occasion, or the outfit!
- The Tote – This is the carryall, and it usually comes with two straps for carrying options – shorter straps to be worn close under your arm on your shoulder, one longer strap to provide a bit more room under your arm. This classic Michael Kors will be perfect! Ideally, you would have 3 totes – one in black, one in brown, and one in a neutral nude color. But you can start with the black one…it usually goes with anything!
- Day Clutch – This clever little tool can be kept inside your larger bag. A day clutch is perfect for carrying just the essentials on those quick trips to the store or to lunch from work, when you don’t want to lug around your tote. It can also make appearances at fun weekend meetings and lunch dates.
- Metallic Evening Clutch – You know your tote won’t really go well with sequins or that fab lace crop top. You also don’t want to have to carry around all that stuff. You want to be partying it up on the dance floor, or laughing with your girls, drink in-hand. That’s where a metallic evening clutch comes in. It doesn’t necessarily need to be metallic, but do try for something fun and/or sparkly. And for even more maneuverability, opt for one with a wrist strap, like these from Coach.
- Weekend Casual Bag – This bag is somewhere in between your favorite tote carryall, and your evening clutch. It carries some of your necessities, but not the full “kit and caboodle.” The ideal weekend bag is more on the casual side, and can be worn multiple ways…crook of the arm, under the arm, cross-body. It should also be a neutral in color, so it’s sure to go with everything.
- The Cross-Body – It could be a hobo, messenger, or satchel style, but everyone needs a mid-sized bag that can be slung on cross-body to keep you hands-free while you’re on the move. Some cross-body bags can be casual, some can be dressier (often having a chain as the strap), but this clever little bag will be a lifesaver when going into big crowds.
- Classy Backpack – These aren’t the backpacks that used to crease your shoulders carrying 900 pounds of books in high school. The classy backpack is huge this Winter, and we’re loving it. Avoid those made from cloth material, to keep it from looking too casual. Instead, any leather or leather-look that you would want in a tote, you should want in your backpack. Keep it simple too…don’t choose one with too many pockets or attachments. Thin-to-medium straps are also a must…nothing too thick and bulky.
- Pop of Color Bag – This is the wildcard. This is where you can really let loose and have a bit of fun. This is the bag that will brighten up an otherwise “safe,” neutral, or monotone outfit. You can go for a bag in a bright hue (or several hues in one), maybe something with a little more in the way of zippers, buttons, chains, fringe, adornments. Just remember…think fun!
In this day and age, when everything in fashion and the media seems to be geared towards slim and skinny models, it can be difficult for curvy girls to find and style clothes that fit and flatter. Of course it’s easy to say that every woman’s shape is beautiful, but if that woman doesn’t feel beautiful, no outfit will work, no matter how much it costs. Luckily though, there are some tips and tricks you curvy girls can use that will amp up not only your outfits, but your confidence!
- Don’t try to hide your shape – You may think that the more covered you are, the more you can hide your shape, and therefore, the better you will look. But nope. In fact, it’s pretty much the opposite. Sure, if you are self-conscious about an area, you can keep it covered, but be careful not to hide away in too much fabric. That will do little more than make you look sloppy and, often times, even bigger than you actually are.
- Invest in undergarments – If you don’t already know, shapewear can smooth out a multitude of jiggly bits. But don’t try to squeeze into something three sizes too small for you thinking it will make you look skinnier. Not only will you be horribly uncomfortable, but you will only end up pushing the fat from one place to another, creating rolls you didn’t intend on. Instead, find shapewear that fits, smoothing out areas that are in need. And be sure to invest in a good bra too! That can make a tremendous difference in how your clothes actually look and fit. Imagine how much better you will look if your boobs aren’t down at your waist! But please don’t guess your size. Many stores offer free bra sizing, so take advantage of it!
- Try on, try on, try on – You may think you’re a certain size…but you almost certainly won’t be that size in every That’s why it’s important to try on everything. Don’t shy away from sizes because you think it’s too big, and don’t shy away from sizes thinking it’s too small and will never fit you. SIZE…IS…JUST…A…NUMBER.
- Dress your shape – Curvy girls come in all different shapes and sizes. Once you know what shape you are, you will know what pieces will flatter you the most. There are loads of shape guides online to use as a reference. Whether you’re a triangle, rectangle, pear, hourglass, inverted triangle, or oval, dressing to your shape is key to looking your best!
- Get a tailor – Let’s say you found a fab button-down top that actually fits around your boobs…no gaping around the buttons…but the rest of the top is waaaay too big. Your first instinct may be to put it back on the rack, but you’d be making a mistake and missing out on a great wardrobe staple piece. One of the things you will need to accept as a curvy girl is that a lot of clothing won’t fit you perfectly right off the rack. That’s no excuse for wearing ill-fitting clothes though! The answer is to take those important pieces to a tailor. It can make all the difference between looking sloppy and looking sensational!
Sure, every once in a while, a good va-va-va-voom makeup look is great, but who doesn’t want to look pretty every day? If you’ve got brown eyes, then we just so happen to have some great tips for achieving a beautiful natural look that’s perfect for every day!
- Cleansers – No makeup look can begin without a clean face. Even if you cleanse your face of makeup the night before, it’s always good to use a gentle, mild cleanser every morning before you apply makeup again. Great options: Juice Beauty Organic Face Wash and Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser.
- Eyebrows – If you aren’t paying attention to your eyebrows, you are missing one of the most crucial parts of any natural makeup for brown eyes look…or any look, for that matter! Brows should be groomed with a well-defined arch. Invest in a good eyebrow shaping kit. Great options: Benefit Cosmetics Brow Zings, Nyx Eyebrow Gel, and Anastasia Beverly Hills Five Item Brow Kit.
- Shadows – Using natural makeup for brown eyes, your shadow color choices can make or break the look. Know which colors work best in your shade. For example, perfect colors in makeup for dark brown eyes would include bronze for a natural tone, or a bright sapphire blue for a pop of color. Medium brown eyes should look for subtle or bright plums and purples. And light brown eyes, opt for shimmery taupe or a lively teal, or even fuchsia!
- Liner – Depending on the shape of your eye, you can find dozens of tutorials and how-to videos online outlining the proper eye makeup techniques that will help make them look their best. But if you are aiming for both a natural look and a natural product, you can find both in every price range. Great options: Any of the Almay liners, liquid and pencil, Physician’s Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum, Bare Minerals Round the Clock Waterproof Liner, and NVEY Eco Organic Cake Liner.
- Mascara – When looking for natural makeup for brown eyes in mascara, it’s best to search for paraben free cosmetics and organic formulations whenever possible. One of the best organic mascara products on the market, which also happens to be one of the most readily available is the Physician’s Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Mascara, and at a budget-friendly price of around $10, you can’t beat it.
- Lashes – Don’t think that because you want a more natural look, using more natural products, that you can’t add some glamour with natural looking false eyelashes! You can find human hair lashes, as well as natural mink eyelashes in several beauty stores and online. Whether you opt for partial lashes, individual lashes, or the flair from full lash strips, you can go subtle, go over-the-top, and everything in between! Great options: Ardell Fashion Lashes, and Eylure Naturalites Eyelashes.
See? With just a little forethought and specific shopping, you can find your best natural makeup look for brown eyes!