J. Mendel, a five-generation French atelier has evolved into a global luxury fashion house. Continuing in the couture tradition and fur savoir-faire of his ancestors, designer Gilles Mendel is known for combining the highest quality materials and impeccable craftsmanship with a modern, award-winning design sensibility. Based in New York since the 1980s, J. Mendel’s signature luxe-femininity and effortless elegance has become a red-carpet favorite among international royalty and Hollywood stars alike.
In a world where luxury seems to be going away, Neiman Marcus is one of the few companies that still does luxury right – especially with brands like J. Mendel. Blending together great sales and high-end fashion, shopping at Neiman Marcus, even if it is just online, is an experience. You’ll have access to some of the highest end designers and with J. Mendel, there is nowhere else you’ll want to shop. Even better, you’ll find something for everyone – from a teenager to your mom to a newborn baby. They have one of the widest selections on the internet for J. Mendel and other well-known names. Of course, you can also expect some surprises.
Most importantly, Neiman Marcus sometimes gets exclusives from J. Mendel where you can’t find the item anywhere but either in a Neiman Marcus or online. You have to be quick, however.
The Hottest Deals for J. Mendel
Yes, that's right, we searched all over the web and found the hottest deals for J. Mendel
It never fails. You have a big weekend planned, good friends, lots of laughs… not to mention you’ve got a fierce outfit already picked out. And then, BAM! Right there…in the middle of your chin…a pimple the size of an apple. There’s no way you can get that thing cleared by Friday night, right? Wrong! We just so happen to have 10 easy and natural cures (that you probably have around the house right now) to send that pimple packing ASAP.
- Toothpaste – This is a tried and true pimple buster. Just make sure it’s a white toothpaste, not a gel-based one. The cleaning properties in it work to absorb oil, while the anti-bacterial properties fight bacteria. You only need a very small amount, dab it onto the pimple, and allow to dry overnight.
- Honey – Put this down on the long list of amazing things that honey can do. It is a natural antibiotic which helps kill the bacteria that causes pimples. It is also naturally hydrating, so it won’t dry out the skin around the pimple (unlike the toothpaste, which might cause a little redness). Dab a small amount onto the pimple and allow to dry (at least an hour). Wipe clean with a warm damp cloth.
- Calamine lotion – Yes, in addition to treating severe itching caused by anything from chicken pox to poison ivy, Calamine lotion can also be used to treat acne. Since it contains zinc oxide, it soothes the redness and reduces the inflammation of acne. It also works to absorb the excess oil in and around the pimple. Just dab some on the pimple before and allow it to dry before you go to bed.
- Orange peel/Banana peel – It sounds odd, but they’ve been known to work! The acidity in the orange peel works to dry out the pimple, and the banana peel contains Lutein, which is a powerful antioxidant that also reduces inflammation. Choose either peel (the orange might be too acidic for sensitive skin), then rub gently in circular motions over the pimple and allow to dry. Then rinse clean with a warm damp cloth.
- Aspirin paste – When crushed and mixed with a few drops of water, made into a paste, and applied to the pimple, this aspirin cure can be remarkably effective. Aspirin is an anti-inflammatory agent, so it works to reduce the swelling and redness. Dab onto the pimple, allow to dry, and leave it on the area overnight.
- Baking soda – Baking soda is another classic cure-all home remedy that has been around for many years. To use on pimples, add a few drops of lemon juice or water to the baking soda, make a paste, and then apply to the area. Allow to dry for 10-15 minutes, then wipe clean with a warm damp cloth.
- Lemon juice – This treatment can be a bit drying for those with sensitive skin, but it really does work. First, make sure you are using fresh, real lemon juice, not something from concentrate or a container. Lemon juice is not only a natural astringent, but it also has acidic properties that help to dry out and treat the pimple. Dab the lemon juice onto the pimple with a cotton swab or cotton ball, and allow the juice to dry on the pimple (20 minutes or so). Then wipe with a warm damp cloth. You can then apply an oil-free moisturizer, if necessary.
And, just like that…you’ll be all set to hit the town with your friends, rocking that perfect outfit, and that nasty pimple will be a distant memory!
Even if you are lucky enough to be one of the 9% of women with an hourglass figure, there’s a chance you don’t realize just how lucky you are. In fact, thanks to the mainstream media images of models in fashion magazines, you might even feel…dare we say…fat…by comparison? If so, that’s an image you need to do away with, because, believe it or not, yours is the figure that’s widely accepted as the “feminine ideal”! And we just so happen to have some tips for fabulously dressing that hourglass!
What identifies an hourglass figure? The hourglass figure is both round and curvy, but with a smaller, well-defined waistline. The hourglass figure also generally has fuller hips, a larger bust, and generous thighs. As the name implies, the measurements of the bust and the hips are about the same (resembling the curves of an hourglass).
What to avoid:
- Shirts/dresses that are much too big, thinking that more fabric will camouflage your hips and/or bust. It won’t…it will only make you look bigger and sloppier.
- Stiff and/or bulky fabrics
- Elaborate embellishments
- Large, padded/over-accentuated shoulders
- High necklines, turtlenecks
Tops: Tops can be tricky, since you likely have a larger bust. Your best tops are those that are v-necks or scoop-necks… but you don’t want to let them plunge too deep, as that will look downright vulgar on your curves. Also look for wrap tops, belted tops (make sure the belts are thin), and tops with peplum waists. It may be difficult to fit your shape right off the rack, so pay for a good tailor (it’s so worth it!). And though they may be tempting in Fall and Winter, try to avoid high necklines and turtlenecks, as they will only make your generous breasts appear even more generous (not in a good way)!
Jackets: As with tops, fit is sooo important here. Jackets need to be tailored, and nip in at the waist. Just about any length will work well for you, just as long as it fits at the waist. If it doesn’t, be sure to use a belt to add definition. In terms of dress jackets, two-button fitted jackets are key. Also, single-breasted jackets are far more flattering than double-breasted; single-breasted jackets offer less bulky fabric.
Bottoms: Since your waist is much smaller than your hips, fit is crucial in both jeans and trousers. Bottoms with a bit of stretch in them will help to hug your curves. Opt for boot cut, flares, and wide-legs in darker colors to keep your hips in check with the rest of you. Wide-leg trousers in drapey fabrics are super flattering!
Dresses/Skirts: A-line and wrap dresses are your best friends, and always a good call! Skater, circle, and A-line skirts will also endlessly flatter…just as long as they fit your waist. But your best game can be found with the classic pencil skirt. They provide cover, but still highlight your ultra-feminine curves and small waist!
Holiday season = party season! With the holidays upon us, you’ll no doubt be planning your outfits for more than one festive get-together. Hair, shoes, jewelery, makeup…all planned. But you best not forget the most important piece…the shapeware! Before there was Spanx, there were girdles, but shapewear has evolved well past both now! So we’ve got 5 of your must-have pieces for the holidays, and beyond, right here!
Before we get to the list, there are some important things to know about picking out shapewear:
- Stay with your size – Don’t think, “Well, I wear a large in everything else, so I’ll go with a medium in shapewear to really suck things in!” Nope. It doesn’t work like that. A smaller size won’t make you look smaller. Shapewear cannot make extra pounds disappear. As much as we might like it to be magic, it’s still governed by science. Choosing a smaller size will only relocate that fat to other, even less flattering places. So stick with your size, and let the shapewear do the rest!
- Know the difference between medium and strong construction – If your shapewear doesn’t have a “performance level,” look at the label. The higher then nylon/Lycra content, the more dramatically it can change your shape. Just keep in mind the above rule…shapewear can smooth out bulges, but it does not “disappear” extra pounds.
- High waist=smooth lines – There is nothing worse (or more uncomfortable) than the waistband of a girdle cutting into you or rolling down. That’s why you should be looking for pieces with higher waists. They will ensure a smooth, curvy waist. Some pieces are even designed to hook to your bra to ensure the waist won’t roll down!
5 key pieces of shapewear every woman needs:
- Wear-Your-Own-Bra Torsette tank – This amazing little tank can smooth out your waist, tummy, and back while allowing your bra to keep your boobs full and shapely, not flattened and smooshed. The hem of it can also be used as a layering piece, as you would any other tank top.
- WYOB Singlet – This is the piece you will want if you’re wearing a body-con dress or pants. As with the above, it will allow your bra to do its job while keeping your entire mid torso, from your waist to your thighs, seamlessly smooth and toned looking.
- High-waisted Shaping Mid-Thigh – Perfect for under dress pants or a longer skirt. The high waist will keep your torso smooth, while the longer line keeps your butt/thighs toned and looking cellulite-free.
- Half-slip with Built-in Panties – This is such a versatile and perfect piece! Worn under any body-con skirt or dress, the built-in panties help keep it in place, and your tummy, thighs, and butt looking fab.
- Waist-Cincher – If you’re looking for a little extra oompfh in the “hourglass” department, this piece of shapewear is a must-have. Yes, its more restrictive version has recently been made famous by Kim Kardashian, getting the credit for “waist training” her figure back into shape after childbirth…but this version is much more wearable. The hook-and-eye closures and strong “boning” will nip you in, in just the perfect spot for creating an hourglass look to go gaga for!