J. Mendel, a five-generation French atelier has evolved into a global luxury fashion house. Continuing in the couture tradition and fur savoir-faire of his ancestors, designer Gilles Mendel is known for combining the highest quality materials and impeccable craftsmanship with a modern, award-winning design sensibility. Based in New York since the 1980s, J. Mendel’s signature luxe-femininity and effortless elegance has become a red-carpet favorite among international royalty and Hollywood stars alike.
In a world where luxury seems to be going away, Neiman Marcus is one of the few companies that still does luxury right – especially with brands like J. Mendel. Blending together great sales and high-end fashion, shopping at Neiman Marcus, even if it is just online, is an experience. You’ll have access to some of the highest end designers and with J. Mendel, there is nowhere else you’ll want to shop. Even better, you’ll find something for everyone – from a teenager to your mom to a newborn baby. They have one of the widest selections on the internet for J. Mendel and other well-known names. Of course, you can also expect some surprises.
Most importantly, Neiman Marcus sometimes gets exclusives from J. Mendel where you can’t find the item anywhere but either in a Neiman Marcus or online. You have to be quick, however.
The Hottest Deals for J. Mendel
Yes, that's right, we searched all over the web and found the hottest deals for J. Mendel
One look through the latest lifestyle magazines and you’ll see that from L.A. to NYC, and everywhere in between, celebrities are donning the most adorable and festive fashions for the holidays. And best of all, it’s easy to add versions of these pieces to your own winter wardrobe without breaking the bank!
Embellished beanie – As spotted on Olivia Palermo, the embellished beanie is a great way to add a bit of holiday sparkle to an otherwise blah winter necessity. You can find one bedazzled with gems, or give some sparkle to a beanie you already own by adding sparkly pins and brooches to it.
Reversible plaid scarf – Who doesn’t love to be bundled in a cozy plaid scarf when the temps get chilly? Miranda Kerr is a big fan, as she’s been seen walking the London streets wrapped up in plaid on more than one occasion this winter. The latest trend however, is for scarves that are reversible, with either a plain or contrasting pattern on the opposite side. So chic!
Faux fur bobble hat – This hat is definitely not just for kids anymore, and a good thing too, because the grown-up version looks completely adorable, as Gwen Stefani has so fashionably shown this season. You can even get a fur pom-pom at any craft store and add it to a beanie hat of your own!
Colored faux fur – Faux fur gives you the all the warmth and glamour of real fur, and the synthetics allow for some fantastic color options. Take a page out of fierce fashionista Vanessa Hong’s book and add a brightly colored faux fur stole to a festive dress this season.
Poncho – The poncho has been a fashionable cold weather staple since the 70s, but today’s versions are much more detailed and interesting than the ol’ hole-cut-in-the-top-of-some-fabric style of the past. The trending ponchos of today add the flair of a wrap/blanket scarf, making the overall visual statement much more impactful, as beautifully illustrated by fashion mavens like Erin O’Connor.
Beret – Huge celebs like Rhianna have been spotted rocking a so-chic beret this winter, from the classic wool style to more cozy and casual chunky knitted styles. A beret can immediately dress-up an otherwise bland outfit, and they always add a touch of originality and quirkiness to your style. An easy and trendy way to keep your head warm this winter!
It’s easy to spend lots of money on every bag trend that comes along, trust us. But no one can possibly afford keeping up with that game. The truth is, with just 7 bags (more or less), you can be completely prepared…and completely fabulous… no matter what the occasion, or the outfit!
- The Tote – This is the carryall, and it usually comes with two straps for carrying options – shorter straps to be worn close under your arm on your shoulder, one longer strap to provide a bit more room under your arm. This classic Michael Kors will be perfect! Ideally, you would have 3 totes – one in black, one in brown, and one in a neutral nude color. But you can start with the black one…it usually goes with anything!
- Day Clutch – This clever little tool can be kept inside your larger bag. A day clutch is perfect for carrying just the essentials on those quick trips to the store or to lunch from work, when you don’t want to lug around your tote. It can also make appearances at fun weekend meetings and lunch dates.
- Metallic Evening Clutch – You know your tote won’t really go well with sequins or that fab lace crop top. You also don’t want to have to carry around all that stuff. You want to be partying it up on the dance floor, or laughing with your girls, drink in-hand. That’s where a metallic evening clutch comes in. It doesn’t necessarily need to be metallic, but do try for something fun and/or sparkly. And for even more maneuverability, opt for one with a wrist strap, like these from Coach.
- Weekend Casual Bag – This bag is somewhere in between your favorite tote carryall, and your evening clutch. It carries some of your necessities, but not the full “kit and caboodle.” The ideal weekend bag is more on the casual side, and can be worn multiple ways…crook of the arm, under the arm, cross-body. It should also be a neutral in color, so it’s sure to go with everything.
- The Cross-Body – It could be a hobo, messenger, or satchel style, but everyone needs a mid-sized bag that can be slung on cross-body to keep you hands-free while you’re on the move. Some cross-body bags can be casual, some can be dressier (often having a chain as the strap), but this clever little bag will be a lifesaver when going into big crowds.
- Classy Backpack – These aren’t the backpacks that used to crease your shoulders carrying 900 pounds of books in high school. The classy backpack is huge this Winter, and we’re loving it. Avoid those made from cloth material, to keep it from looking too casual. Instead, any leather or leather-look that you would want in a tote, you should want in your backpack. Keep it simple too…don’t choose one with too many pockets or attachments. Thin-to-medium straps are also a must…nothing too thick and bulky.
- Pop of Color Bag – This is the wildcard. This is where you can really let loose and have a bit of fun. This is the bag that will brighten up an otherwise “safe,” neutral, or monotone outfit. You can go for a bag in a bright hue (or several hues in one), maybe something with a little more in the way of zippers, buttons, chains, fringe, adornments. Just remember…think fun!
You know them, you love them… but have you been taking clues from them to spice up your own green-eye makeup routine? You should! Often times, turning to celebrity eye makeup is one of the best ways to get a little extra inspiration… and we’ve got 10 celebs who really know how to flaunt those green peepers!
- Angelina Jolie – She is definitely one of our all-time favorite green-eyed beauties, and an all-time favorite tutorial subject on YouTube for her consistently winning celebrity eye makeup. Angie prefers to stick with a soft and lovely cat-eye: soft taupe in the crease and under the lower lash line, a dark line of kohl or liquid liner winged-out on the upper lash line, with natural or slightly enhanced eyelashes (thanks to the addition of demi or individual lashes). But another reason she’s one of our beauty icons? Those brows! She has some of the most perfectly groomed and shaped brows ever. Brows can make or break your look, so be sure to keep yours up to snuff. If you are unsure of your best eyebrow shape, enlist the help of professionals in a salon… at least until you get the hang of upkeep yourself.
- Kristen Stewart –While she doesn’t seem to be one for much makeup off the red carpet, on the red carpet, she absolutely smolders! Kristen loves to highlight her bright green eyes with dark, smokey looks, lots of dark plums and grays, and she usually sharpens the look by lining her inner rims with black. If you’ve got a night out on the town planned, Kristen Stewart should be your green-eyed go-to inspiration.
- Emma Stone – Always, always seems to have the perfect eye makeup going on! Most of the time, especially when her hair is that lovely reddish-orange, she pops her green eyes by applying a peachy shadow to the lid, a warm brown through the crease and outer V, a smudged line of dark kohl or a sharp line of liquid liner along the upper lashes, and a healthy dose of black mascara. More often than not, her bottom lashes will be either left bare, or will only be lined about half-way in. Her eyes are almond-shaped, but she plays them up even more by extending the outer V, with liner, shadow, or both.
- Olivia Wilde – This girl should definitely be on your go-to list of crush-worthy celebrity eye makeup. Though she has been blonde a time or two, her light green eyes pop far more with darker locks. If you want to experiment with colors, she’s a good one to study. Olivia knows that copper, plums, and grays really accentuate her green eyes, and she’s not afraid to layer the same color in shadow and Go bold, baby!
- Aishwarya Rai – Wow… does she have some gorgeous eyes, or what? She’s one of those celebrities with big eyes that set our hearts a-flutter! Aishwarya usually likes to play up the lovely almost shape of her eyes, as well as her Indian heritage, with thick liquid liner along the top lashes, drawn out into a graceful wing at the outer corner. As for color, she keeps it warm, with lots of browns, coppers, rusts, and occasionally some dark plums. When going for a more exotic look, she lines her inner rim with a black pencil, which really defines the shape and makes the green color pop. And those lashes! Always long and fluttery. To get the same effect, you can definitely add mink false lashes… but to keep your lashes gorgeous 24/7 (for up to 3 months), look into getting eyelash extensions at your local salon.
- Rhianna- She’s not afraid to experiment with her clothes, or her hair, or her music… but if you notice, she can almost be conservative with her celebrity eye makeup She knows her green eyes are one of her best features, and she knows how to work them to the max. Her preferred look seems to be either a bare lid, or just a sheer wash of a neutral color, with a smudged black/gray line under the lower lashes only (none on the top lashes), and lots of mascara. For added emphasis RiRi also likes to line the inner rim with black.
- Charlize Theron – The girl is stunning, no doubt about it. She loves to play up the light green of her eyes with shimmery peach, coppers, and browns, with the darkest shades accenting the outer V. Even on the red carpet, Charlize has been known to shun regular liner, opting only for lining the inner rims, and pulling the look together with long, lovely lashes. You could also recreate this effect by applying a wash of mid-tone shimmery peach on the top lid, with a shimmery taupe under the lower lashes.
- Scarlett Johansson – It’s hard to beat ScarJo when it comes to rocking a nude cat-eye and luscious red pout. Her beautiful almond-shaped green eyes just lend themselves so well to a nice tapered liquid liner winging out at the corners! But, applying liquid eyeliner can be tricky, so you might need a little practice to get the look just right. And, to get just the right angle and length on the flick, be sure to look straight on in the mirror with a relaxed Don’t pull the eye taught…that method is almost always a disaster! Check YouTube for tons of other great tips and tricks for achieving the perfect cat-eye.
As you can see, just by studying your favorite green-eyed celebs, you might be able to have a little of their green-eyed glamour rub off on you. True, often times, their looks are the result of skilled celebrity eye makeup artists… but the tips and tricks used to get those looks are universal. With a little practice and patience, they can be adopted into your own makeup routine, and adapted to your own beautiful eyes!