J. Mendel, a five-generation French atelier has evolved into a global luxury fashion house. Continuing in the couture tradition and fur savoir-faire of his ancestors, designer Gilles Mendel is known for combining the highest quality materials and impeccable craftsmanship with a modern, award-winning design sensibility. Based in New York since the 1980s, J. Mendel’s signature luxe-femininity and effortless elegance has become a red-carpet favorite among international royalty and Hollywood stars alike.
In a world where luxury seems to be going away, Neiman Marcus is one of the few companies that still does luxury right – especially with brands like J. Mendel. Blending together great sales and high-end fashion, shopping at Neiman Marcus, even if it is just online, is an experience. You’ll have access to some of the highest end designers and with J. Mendel, there is nowhere else you’ll want to shop. Even better, you’ll find something for everyone – from a teenager to your mom to a newborn baby. They have one of the widest selections on the internet for J. Mendel and other well-known names. Of course, you can also expect some surprises.
Most importantly, Neiman Marcus sometimes gets exclusives from J. Mendel where you can’t find the item anywhere but either in a Neiman Marcus or online. You have to be quick, however.
The Hottest Deals for J. Mendel
Yes, that's right, we searched all over the web and found the hottest deals for J. Mendel
Even though math was never our strong suit, there was a certain pleasure in the undeniable formulas. You knew that if you added X plus Y and divided by Z, you would have the answer. If only picking out clothes from our closet could be as cut-and-dry. If there was a simple formula for looking good…something that would undeniably work…it would make life a lot easier, right? Well, we just so happen to have 5 tricks to illicit a positive reaction from people (men), as scientifically proven by studies.
- Wear heels – Aside from the fact that you (scientifically) have a better chance of being approached by a man if you’re wearing heels, heels also accomplish a few other pretty neat tricks. Because of the arch, heels force you to stand straighter, so you appear taller. And heels that blend in with the color of your leg, or those with a very low vamp (the part of the shoe that cuts across your foot at the front), make your legs appear longer and leaner.
- Go sleeveless – Studies have shown that arms are one of the parts of a woman’s body that men are most attracted to. In fact, in many studies, arms are more highly rated than legs! So, if you happen to be blessed with nice toned arms and shoulders…show them off!
- Think bodycon – There are loads of studies that show men are more attracted to an hourglass figure. Lucky for all of us, that’s what shapewear was invented for! Bodycon dresses are designed to naturally highlight the smallest part of you, the area just under your bust at your waist. And many bodycon dresses have slimming patterns that accentuate the effect even more. When you pair some fabulous shapewear with a great bodycon dress, you get WOW!
- Rock some red – Red attracts attention…period. It also symbolizes power, passion, and romance. So of course there will be studies that show men are attracted to red. But another bonus here is that there is a perfect shade of red out there for everyone!
- All hail the LBD – It’s iconic for good reason. And now, studies show that 5 out of 5 men will look twice at a woman in a black dress. It’s the perfect compromise if you don’t feel like wearing a bright, bold red… but you don’t necessarily feel like blending into the wallpaper either. The little black dress is classic, slimming, and oh-so-chic. It will never lead you wrong.
With colder temperatures fast upon us, it’s finally time to break out those gorgeous chunky knit sweaters! A long-time staple of winter wardrobes, the chunky knit is indispensable for not only staying comfy and cozy, but for looking fabulous in the process! Sure, you can pair it with the standard skinny jeans and fleece-lined boots…but if you’re looking for other ideas to make the most of your chunky knit while the weather permits, then step right up!
Wear it with…
- Leather pants and stiletto boots – Since the chunky knit sweater adds considerable bulk to any outfit, it’s important to try to balance its soft shape out with more form-fitting, tailored pieces. That’s why the leather pants and sleek, stiletto boots work so well. And no need for real leather here, faux leather pants or leather-look leggings will do the trick.
- Circle or skater skirt and low-heel ankle boots – This would work best with a cropped chunky knit sweater. And the reason this works is because, though the skirt is full, the waist is nipped in, and the length/fullness is short. The bulk of the sweater is therefore balanced. And low-heeled ankle boots add a nice edginess to the feminine shape of the skirt.
- Leather mini and brogues – When we say “mini” here, we don’t mean one of those ultra short, ultra form-fitting body-con ones. A little bit of “wiggle room” is ok here, but just make sure the shape of the skirt is straight or A-line to again balance out the soft bulk of the sweater. The sweater can be cropped, or, if longer, use a “half tuck” technique to show your waist. Pair it all with opaque tights and super cool brogues. This menswear trend looks fantastic with tights!
- Cropped boyfriend jeans and peep toe booties – This is perhaps the most relaxed of all the looks we’ve covered, but that’s not to say it’s sloppy! Even though the jeans are looser than fitted, the legs narrow as they approach the cropped ankles. And since you will be wearing either a cropped sweater or using the “half tuck,” your waistline will still be visible as well, so there will still be some definition. The peep toe booties add a delightful feminine touch, as well as some flattering height.
- Leggings and knee-high boots or combat boots – A winter classic, you can never go wrong with this combo! The leggings mean that you can go quite bulky with the sweater, wearing it long and loose. The slight bulk from the knee-high or combat boots (think Doc Martens) will help to avoid you looking like your torso is balancing on two spindly coffee-stirrers.
You’ve probably heard people with brown eyes lament and long for any other eye color. You might even hear them say, “Brown eyes are boring.” Well, actually, they’re probably the most versatile color to play off and enhance eye makeup! People with brown eyes don’t just have one perfect eye makeup look…they have dozens! So, truly, when you figure out what enhances those brown eyes, the rest is pure fun!
- What hue are your brown eyes? – To find what makeup look works best, we’ve got to figure out what shade of brown eyes you have. A good rule of thumb is that whatever your shade of eye (deep, medium, light), your best colors are usually found on the same level of colors. For instance, deep brown eyes usually look best with darker shadows, and can withstand darker liner…and so on.
- What shape are your brown eyes? – For the purposes of eye shadow application techniques, you will need to do some research on the shape of your eyes. Are they small, large, protruding, almond, hooded, wide set, close set? Once you find the shape, you will find the application technique that best enhances them.
- Don’t skip the basics – What are the basics? Primer and under-eye concealer, to be precise. Before any eye makeup look, on any eye color, you need to make sure that there’s a clean canvas. Primer ensures your shadow and liner stays put (or else why put it on in the first place?), and concealer eliminates any darkness or unevenness that may distract from your lovely eyes.
- Find your best colors – Each brown eye hue has a corresponding set of optimal colors that will help create the perfect eye makeup look for you. Dark brown – forest greens, dark grays, deep plums. Medium brown – purples, greens, coppers. Light brown – neutrals, golds, vibrant greens.
- Liner – Depending on the shape and shade of your eyes, as well as the eye look you are aiming for, there are a plethora of eyeliner colors and techniques you can employ! Just remember to stick with the colors levels that correspond to your eye shade (for instance, the lighter your eye color, the more you will need to avoid black liner). And don’t be afraid to add color with the liner: a plum or vibrant purple, a navy or bright blue.
- When in doubt, go for smokey! – It’s hard to beat a smokey eye, no matter what your eye color. Brown eyed beauties like Keira Knightly, Natalie Portman, and Kim Kardashian all love to rock a smokey look. Following the guidelines from steps 1-4 above, you should be able to create a smokey eye that you can turn to time and time again.
- Brows are crucial – Nothing ruins a beautiful eye look faster than a messy brow. Detect your perfect eyebrow shape, trim and groom them, define the arch. If your eyebrows are naturally light, they may tend to wash out your look. So, invest in an eyebrow tinting kit. Darkening by even one or two shades will make a huge difference to for your perfect eye makeup look, and your whole face, in general.
- Mascara is a must – You can’t have a perfect eye look without mascara of some sort. If your lashes are naturally light, consider sticking to a dark brown mascara (instead of black). And even if you don’t think it will make a difference, curl your lashes first! What good is knowing how to curl your eyelashes, if you don’t take a moment to do it? It will open up the look of your eyes like you won’t believe!
- A finishing touch of highlighter – No eye makeup is complete without highlighter. Sweep a light shimmering cream or pink color under your brow and in your tear duct to finish your look.
So, you have brown eyes, do you? You’ve got the best of the best, kid. The only eye color with no contrasting or complimentary eye color on the color wheel, as a brown-eyed baby, you can practically wear any color! Your perfect eye makeup is pretty much all of them…so get out there and flaunt it!