We design for the discriminating bride and bridesmaid who are looking for a dress that she can use not only for the bridal party, but again and again. Our dresses are inspired by delicious array of colors, ranging from soft buttery yellows to rich deep berries. The dresses constructed in fabrics from Chiffon to Eastern Shantung, not only create a rich mixture of textures, but a timeless and fresh image for any wedding. We design for the discriminating bride and bridesmaid who is looking for a dress that she can use not only for the bridal party, but again and again for any special occasion
Every year, dozens of “new and amazing” beauty and makeup products are introduced onto the market. And every year, more than half of them fall by the weigh-side and are forgotten in months. Depending on the money behind the launch campaigns, they may have made you believe you absolutely, positively, could not live without forking over your hard-earned money to snap up their latest and greatest product…but that doesn’t mean you’ve ever bought the product again. Thankfully though, there are many products out there worthy of purchase, over and over. These are the classics. The “Holy Grail” makeup must-haves. Maybe your Mom introduced you to a few of them. Maybe you will introduce a few to young girls in your life. Either way, we found 20 true keepers…and here are the first 5!
- CND Stickey Base Coat – Those of us who constantly have to wage the war of peeling and chipping nail polish have experimented with every way possible to keep that polish on longer. Every base coat claims to help get the job done, but only one has ever really done so. This one. The tint might not be perfect for nude and sheer colors, but for every other color, it’s a definite go-to.
- Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque – Perhaps you remember this from your Mom’s (or even your Grandma’s) bathroom cabinet? Yep, it’s been around that long. Not only is it one of the most inexpensive beauty products you could hope for, but the mint and clay help to squash oil, nix shine, and clear out pores beautifully. Best yet, your skin won’t feel overly dry afterwards.
- Crest Whitestrips – Thanks to these little miracle strips, we’ve long said goodbye to harsh and messy bleach trays, as well as super-expensive dentist whitening visits. White teeth and a smile are always your two best ways to make a lovely statement every time you walk in the room. In just 30 minutes, your pearly whites will be even whiter. Perfect.
- LORAC ‘Front of the Line PRO’ Liquid Eye Liner – It’s ok to admit it if you’re not great with applying liquid eyeliner. It takes a skilled hand and lots of practice. That’s why this product made the must-have list. Since its introduction, it’s made those classy cat eyes and winged flicks flawless for us…the perfect blend of liquid liner and controlled applicator (bye-bye thin little brush).
- Maybelline Great Lash Mascara – The green and pink bottle is downright iconic! It’s inexpensive, found in every drugstore, and gives you long, defined lashes every time. If you are partial to more voluminous lashes, you can even use this mascara in a classic runway trick: Apply one coat of mascara, then using a Q-tip or a clean mascara wand, dredge each side of the lashes with a light coating of baby powder, then apply a second coat of mascara…and voilà!
Stay tuned for more from our list of 20 Beauty and Makeup Must-Haves!
You know them, you love them… but have you been taking clues from them to spice up your own green-eye makeup routine? You should! Often times, turning to celebrity eye makeup is one of the best ways to get a little extra inspiration… and we’ve got 10 celebs who really know how to flaunt those green peepers!
- Angelina Jolie – She is definitely one of our all-time favorite green-eyed beauties, and an all-time favorite tutorial subject on YouTube for her consistently winning celebrity eye makeup. Angie prefers to stick with a soft and lovely cat-eye: soft taupe in the crease and under the lower lash line, a dark line of kohl or liquid liner winged-out on the upper lash line, with natural or slightly enhanced eyelashes (thanks to the addition of demi or individual lashes). But another reason she’s one of our beauty icons? Those brows! She has some of the most perfectly groomed and shaped brows ever. Brows can make or break your look, so be sure to keep yours up to snuff. If you are unsure of your best eyebrow shape, enlist the help of professionals in a salon… at least until you get the hang of upkeep yourself.
- Kristen Stewart –While she doesn’t seem to be one for much makeup off the red carpet, on the red carpet, she absolutely smolders! Kristen loves to highlight her bright green eyes with dark, smokey looks, lots of dark plums and grays, and she usually sharpens the look by lining her inner rims with black. If you’ve got a night out on the town planned, Kristen Stewart should be your green-eyed go-to inspiration.
- Emma Stone – Always, always seems to have the perfect eye makeup going on! Most of the time, especially when her hair is that lovely reddish-orange, she pops her green eyes by applying a peachy shadow to the lid, a warm brown through the crease and outer V, a smudged line of dark kohl or a sharp line of liquid liner along the upper lashes, and a healthy dose of black mascara. More often than not, her bottom lashes will be either left bare, or will only be lined about half-way in. Her eyes are almond-shaped, but she plays them up even more by extending the outer V, with liner, shadow, or both.
- Olivia Wilde – This girl should definitely be on your go-to list of crush-worthy celebrity eye makeup. Though she has been blonde a time or two, her light green eyes pop far more with darker locks. If you want to experiment with colors, she’s a good one to study. Olivia knows that copper, plums, and grays really accentuate her green eyes, and she’s not afraid to layer the same color in shadow and Go bold, baby!
- Aishwarya Rai – Wow… does she have some gorgeous eyes, or what? She’s one of those celebrities with big eyes that set our hearts a-flutter! Aishwarya usually likes to play up the lovely almost shape of her eyes, as well as her Indian heritage, with thick liquid liner along the top lashes, drawn out into a graceful wing at the outer corner. As for color, she keeps it warm, with lots of browns, coppers, rusts, and occasionally some dark plums. When going for a more exotic look, she lines her inner rim with a black pencil, which really defines the shape and makes the green color pop. And those lashes! Always long and fluttery. To get the same effect, you can definitely add mink false lashes… but to keep your lashes gorgeous 24/7 (for up to 3 months), look into getting eyelash extensions at your local salon.
- Rhianna- She’s not afraid to experiment with her clothes, or her hair, or her music… but if you notice, she can almost be conservative with her celebrity eye makeup She knows her green eyes are one of her best features, and she knows how to work them to the max. Her preferred look seems to be either a bare lid, or just a sheer wash of a neutral color, with a smudged black/gray line under the lower lashes only (none on the top lashes), and lots of mascara. For added emphasis RiRi also likes to line the inner rim with black.
- Charlize Theron – The girl is stunning, no doubt about it. She loves to play up the light green of her eyes with shimmery peach, coppers, and browns, with the darkest shades accenting the outer V. Even on the red carpet, Charlize has been known to shun regular liner, opting only for lining the inner rims, and pulling the look together with long, lovely lashes. You could also recreate this effect by applying a wash of mid-tone shimmery peach on the top lid, with a shimmery taupe under the lower lashes.
- Scarlett Johansson – It’s hard to beat ScarJo when it comes to rocking a nude cat-eye and luscious red pout. Her beautiful almond-shaped green eyes just lend themselves so well to a nice tapered liquid liner winging out at the corners! But, applying liquid eyeliner can be tricky, so you might need a little practice to get the look just right. And, to get just the right angle and length on the flick, be sure to look straight on in the mirror with a relaxed Don’t pull the eye taught…that method is almost always a disaster! Check YouTube for tons of other great tips and tricks for achieving the perfect cat-eye.
As you can see, just by studying your favorite green-eyed celebs, you might be able to have a little of their green-eyed glamour rub off on you. True, often times, their looks are the result of skilled celebrity eye makeup artists… but the tips and tricks used to get those looks are universal. With a little practice and patience, they can be adopted into your own makeup routine, and adapted to your own beautiful eyes!
Sure, your green eyes are naturally stunning, but that doesn’t mean you necessarily feel comfortable going without eye makeup altogether. To have the best of both worlds, why don’t you experiment with some natural makeup looks? To gather some inspiration, Google images of some celebrities with green eyes and natural makeup. And once you’ve gotten those creative juices flowing, it’s time to take a try for yourself!
Primer – The first step in creating both bold and natural makeup looks is to start with lid primer. Lid primer (like bareMinerals Prime Time Brightening Eyelid Primer) will give you an even canvas, and will also cut down on your need to add tons of eye products to cover blotchy coloring. Apply to entire lid, from lashes to brow and blend. You can also run a little under your lower lash line and blend.
Shadow – If you’re after natural looking makeup tips, you should know what we’re going to recommend: natural, subtly hued shadow colors. Think light taupes, tans, peaches, and crèmes. Sweep a bone, vanilla, or light peach shade onto your lid, from lashes to crease. For a touch of definition, blend a matte tan, light matte gray, or matte taupe through the crease and slightly above it, then out into the outer V, and run some along your lower lashes as well. Remember, your goal is to look natural, not naked, so a little bit of muted shadow is perfect. A lovely all-inclusive kit is the Lancome Hypnose Star Eye Shadow Palette in Color ST3 Terre d’Ivoire.
Liner – The key to using eyeliner in natural makeup looks is that there should be no harsh lines. Some people use a dark brown or gray shadow as liner, while some opt to smudge a soft kohl pencil along the upper and lower lashes. Unless your skin coloring is very dark, try to avoid using black as a liner color. Stick to browns, grays, and plums, and always smudge. A great one to try is the bareMinerals Round The Clock Waterproof Eyeliner. It’s a waterproof formula, but it goes on smoothly and blends like a dream.
Brows – Well groomed brows are one of the most important factors in natural makeup looks. Without them, your face loses all context and balance. Fill them in with a shadow no darker than one shade beyond your hair color, and use a brow wand (basically a bare mascara wand) to soften your strokes after applying product. A pencil can be used here, but it’s very easy to go too dark with a pencil. A pencil can also tend to make the brows appear too “done.” Remember, you’re going for natural. If you are unsure of your best eyebrow shape, you can visit a salon for professional grooming. Or, you can invest in a brow kit (we love Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo) and then take to the Web. There are thousands of valuable tutorials online that will help show you the basics of shaping your brows beautifully!
Mascara – When adding mascara to a natural look, be sure not to pile on the product; a Twiggy-esque tarantula eye won’t exactly be considered “natural.” Also, consider not reaching for the blackest-black mascara you can find. Blondes and light redheads do well with brown mascara, while brunettes and darker redheads can use a soft black. For darker hair and skin, go for a dark black mascara, but try not to over-apply. One of our favorite mascaras also just happens to be one of the best natural mascaras: Physician’s Formula Organic Wear. The formula goes on smoothly, and it is 100% organic and safe for your peepers! We love that!
Contrary to popular belief, effective natural makeup looks can take at least a little bit of effort. Your goal is to highlight and accentuate your natural, beautiful features, while camouflaging imperfections. With the right products and the right application, you will make “natural” look effortless!
The Hottest Deals for Jenny Yoo
Yes, that's right, we searched all over the web and found the hottest deals for Jenny Yoo