There is nothing more classic than the little black dress and something every woman should have in her wardrobe, but how can we keep the look fresh, updated and always different but still using the same dress.
Today’s article is going to help you get to grips with styling your little black dress and give you five great options, each different, to help you look fabulous every time you wear it.
First you will need to get yourself a great little black dress. There are various styles available but a simple, bodycon dress in black will always look great and never go out of style. If a bodycon dress is not for you, try a fit and flare dress or a shift dress.
- The classic and elegant little black dress: Classic and elegant, the little black dress has long been a staple in women’s wardrobes all over the world. If you are looking for an elegant look you will want classic accessories. Single strap ankle sandals always make any outfit look infinitely classier. Pair these with a black clutch purse and a simple pashmina to cover your shoulders, should you need to.
- The bright accessories little black dress: You can use the little black dress as your staple piece and create a brighter look around it. Think shoes, accessories and your bag. With a black canvas you can literally dress this style up in any color. Pick some bright heels or quirky wedges and you can even team it with a bright pashmina or scarf.
- The monochrome little black dress: Not a fan of bright colors? Or even any color at all? Why not use your little black dress to create a monochrome look. Black and white will never go out of style and you can create your own monochrome look with a number of white accessories. Why not add a stylish white blazer, a pair of white heels and a white clutch purse.
- The dressed down little black dress: We always associate the little black dress with a more formal setting, but you can dress down your little black dress too. If your event is not completely formal there are many ways you can make your little black dress work in a more casual setting too. Instead of heels pick out a pair of classy flat sandals or even some ballerina pumps. Add a low key blazer to dress down the dress and team it with a relaxed across body purse.
- The Gatsby inspired 1920s little black dress: Every now and then you have to have a little fun with your fashion and Gatsby inspired 1920’s inspired dress is big right now, and the great thing is you do not have to go out and buy a whole brand new dress, just dress up your current dress with great 1920’s inspired accessories. Be sure to add some stylish heels, a bejewelled clutch and do not forget a must-have headband to complete the look.